Thread: orignal model ???

orignal model ???

hiya guys, im after some of you knowledge, just been given a orignal pistol barrels quite rusted, all i can make out is the name orignal on the chamber, the number 767375 0n the barrel, and made in west germany on the back of the chamber any ideas what it is and how old it is not intrested in worth cheers danny
    To be fair.... I am probably the worst shot in the uk.....even with a shotgun

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    If it is a recoilling springer, then it is probably a Model 5. Otherwise it is a model 6 or a model 10, these are more complex and have recoilless mechanisms.

Have a dig around on the Chambers website, look at the parts diagrams and see what you think it might be.

The Model 5 has a very, very long production history and is a sturdy, accurate design. They are still making them now, and I think the early types date from the 1930s. Worth fixing up and using as an informal target shooter or plinker.

Like this one is it?

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdispl...id=24392&cat=5

or this later one ..

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdispl...d=24397&cat=5G

yep

it is a model 5 mate cheers any ideas how to find out the age of these things mate itss defintely a keeper mate, cheers danny

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    According to IJ, Original Dianas like your one actually have the date of manufacture stamped on them. I just don't know where the numbers are. Try looking over the barrel and cylinder with the stock off, there should be a date on there somewhere. Under the breechblock is where I would start.

top link

the top one mate

cant seem to find it mate

just cant see it mate

Quote Originally Posted by dannyg001 View Post
    just cant see it mate
    Keep looking! I.J. will be along within 12 hours and tell you where to look, so start polishing off that rust!

Enjoy, it is a bit of a classic.

what do these go for mate

as above mate gotta give the guy something for it i cant just accept it for free not that kind of person lol

pretty accurate

i was suprised by this at being so accurate for my history of air pistols anyway deffo a keeper

If it has rust issues and you will need to give it a full refurb (deffo put in a new piston and breech seal, maybe a new spring) and there are quite a few of them around, I think 25 pounds and a four-pack of Stella would be more than enough compensation for its previous owner.

date

hi the date on original/diana's are very small it should be at the rear of the air chamber on the left it will be like 05 81 for may 1981 it can be missed under rust very easy .regards mark

cheers

thanks a lot for the info lads