Thread: Haenel mod 303

Haenel mod 303

Hi guys I have looked on here ref values and haven't come up with anything conclusive, could anyone give a value on very clean rebuilt mod 303 in 22, stock redone with danish oil and action reblued, shoots real nice.
    Thanks
    dave

In the condition you describe. my own opinion is around the £225 mark. I have a 303-8 Haenal and wouldn't part with it. Heavy, but a lovely 'oldie' that most modern rifles can't match. ATB Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    In the condition you describe. my own opinion is around the £225 mark. I have a 303-8 Haenal and wouldn't part with it. Heavy, but a lovely 'oldie' that most modern rifles can't match. ATB Eric
    £225 ! Thats double what I would expect to pay or am I getting mixed up with the models. The 303 is your basic, well built, break barrel 'Meteor type' rifle but better built. I have a couple 302s ( a slightly smaller but earlier version) in my collection and BTDT is also a fan (or is that just Haenel retentive?), but I wouldn't pay over £100 for a mint, original early version IMO. (but then again I am a tight @rse. )

HTH
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 19-03-2010 at 11:14 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Yep, in agreement with I.J on this one except that my max would be £120 if it was really nice. Re-blued guns with a re-finished stock may turn off collectors who often want 100% original finish.

Lakey

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Yep, in agreement with I.J on this one except that my max would be £120 if it was really nice. Re-blued guns with a re-finished stock may turn off collectors who often want 100% original finish.
    Lakey
    I did say I was a tight @rse.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    £225 ! Thats double what I would expect to pay or am I getting mixed up with the models. The 303 is your basic, well built, break barrel 'Meteor type' rifle but better built. I have a couple 302s ( a slightly smaller but earlier version) in my collection and BTDT is also a fan (or is that just Haenel retentive?), but I wouldn't pay over £100 for a mint, original early version IMO. (but then again I am a tight @rse. )

HTH
    Ian
    Hi, I have a couple. Both the 303 & the 302, ( I was a little puzzled over I.J.s ) Slightly smaller !
    The 302 is much bigger & is Export power, They introduced the 303 to replace it because of this,

As regards value, ! I have to agree, An average condition ( Early type ) 303 is worth around £80 ish, The revamped one ( no one will know in 10 years it was done ) would be £120-£130 If you wanted one,
    The 302 in the same condition around £20 more, ( In both valuations )

I might add, These are high quality guns, & will last forever, Alas, No one wants them ? Ged.

This time I stated my very own, personal opinion. Even £125 is a price that I would willingly pay for another 303, but like I said, my personal opinion - not 'Blue Book' price (Ged) lol. ATB Eric

Oh! and yes Ged, I want them!
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I agree with Ged.

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    This time I stated my very own, personal opinion. Even £125 is a price that I would willingly pay for another 303, but like I said, my personal opinion - not 'Blue Book' price (Ged) lol. ATB Eric

Oh! and yes Ged, I want them!
    I have these if you want them Eric ! 302 & 303 respectively.
    Better pics available ( They are in the loft ) Ged.