Thread: Original/Diana Woe's & parts details

Original/Diana Woe's & parts details

I'm not sure if this is in the correct section, if not I'm quite sure Gareth will sort me out?

Anyway whilst good guy FAIRGUNNER on here was doing lots of hard work on my workshop I had a couple of Original 66's & three 75's to service. when he watched me start to take one apart he intimated it would be a good idea if I did a detailed "how too" guide. I told him I don't have the time & secondly I would feel terrible if I was the cause of some one taking on the job of resealing a 75 & then they find they had "bitten off more than they could chew"

Don't get me wrong, these rifles are not rocket science, but you can put them back together correctly & on occasions they will just not work! there are a couple of adjustments built into these rifles that may have to be made after assembly. These adjustments are easier to do than to explain.

This is what happens to the Original early seals fitted to these guns.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/0005copy.jpg

This is what your 75 will look like when it's apart. In the background you can see a FWB 700 on test having just been serviced.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/0006copy.jpg

None of the above will probably help, but for those that always wondered what the fuss is about every time these rifles are mentioned, now you know!
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Nice piece Wonky....hope you can put all those bits back....

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    I'm not sure if this is in the correct section, if not I'm quite sure Gareth will sort me out?

Anyway whilst good guy FAIRGUNNER on here was doing lots of hard work on my workshop I had a couple of Original 66's & three 75's to service. when he watched me start to take one apart he intimated it would be a good idea if I did a detailed "how too" guide. I told him I don't have the time & secondly I would feel terrible if I was the cause of some one taking on the job of resealing a 75 & then they find they had "bitten off more than they could chew"

Don't get me wrong, these rifles are not rocket science, but you can put them back together correctly & on occasions they will just not work! there are a couple of adjustments built into these rifles that may have to be made after assembly. These adjustments are easier to do than to explain.

This is what happens to the Original early seals fitted to these guns.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/0005copy.jpg

This is what your 75 will look like when it's apart. In the background you can see a FWB 700 on test having just been serviced.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/0006copy.jpg

None of the above will probably help, but for those that always wondered what the fuss is about every time these rifles are mentioned, now you know!

Now thats why i pay someone to do mine,it saves having to hide the bits that are left over

and i thought the 3 ball bearing triggered original/dianas were a pain to rebuild
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Flippin' Henry, those are the most utterly decayed seals in the Universe! Most will turn into cheese or gummy crud, those look like they have metamorphosed into bath-salts or some kind of crushed-up boiled sweet! What happened to them? Is it a combination of time and the wrong lube?

And the insides of that Model 75 - what a nightmare! I thoght the FWB300S was a bit of a jigsaw, that is ridiculous! Look at all the springs! What were they thinking of? Giss systems I suppose.

Good on you for keeping these lovely pieces of tech going.

[QUOTE=Hsing-ee;4185788]Flippin' Henry, those are the most utterly decayed seals in the Universe! Most will turn into cheese or gummy crud, those look like they have metamorphosed into bath-salts or some kind of crushed-up boiled sweet! What happened to them? Is it a combination of time and the wrong lube?

You find these Original/Diana guns are not the only ones to suffer this reversion type syndrome. It's more to do with lack of use in my experience.
    I've seen this happen to other guns including the good old FWB 300 series & Walther LGR.
    In fact I did a 300s were the piston buffer had done the same thing only last week, the rifle had not been fired for about 15yrs!!!
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Piston Seal

I was given a Diana Mod 5 pistol made 1969, it was not working. When I stripped it out I found the washer in the same condition just like broken up old cork. Does any body know what the old washers where made of?
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 22-03-2010 at 08:57 AM. Reason: to approve manually.