Thread: webley falcon

webley falcon

Evening Gents and Ladies, wonder if anyone has worked on these old beasts. A friend has just bought one and I wonder if anyone has a plan of how to take one apart for repair and replacement of spring/ washers. Any help greatfully accepted.

I'd be interested in this as well... I have one which needs a going over when I have the time.....

The Falcon is fairly simple to dismantle. The action is secured to the stock by three bolts; two at the fore end and the forward trigger guard bolt. With the action removed from stock, it is dismantled by 1st removing the cocking link (straightforward job) and then identifying and removing a very small grub screw that locks the threads of the trigger block/action; situated at approx 8 o'clock viewed from the rear of the action. The trigger block can now start to be unscrewed, after a turn or two, the trigger sear will start to foul the threads but it can simply be depressed. Keeping pressure on the trigger block, carefully continue to unscrew until free from the action and then slowly release the spring pressure. The spring/piston can then be withdrawn.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    Evening Gents and Ladies, wonder if anyone has worked on these old beasts. A friend has just bought one and I wonder if anyone has a plan of how to take one apart for repair and replacement of spring/ washers. Any help greatfully accepted.
    Hi, I swapped a complete action a while ago, I had it up for sale at £20 ono ! intrest ?
    I bought it back same price £20 !!
    Pic _

It was shooting ( But poorly ) Gummed up, Leather seal ( I have some ) Complete with open sights,
    I never looked, but I bet the piston needed welding on the cocking slot, I have done a dozen ! I think Webley forgot to harden them, Ha ha, Ged.

Thanks chaps.