Thread: hw45 silver star

hw45 silver star

hopefully picking mine up tomorow in .177 flavour.just wonderingwhats best distance to zero it to.i knwo about air rifles but pistols i have no clues on distances.also what pellet do they normaly like.and lastly ive herd they need regular spring and piston seal changes how often is this compared to say my prosport.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Zero it in for 6 yards, or for 10 meters: depending on which of the UBC's competitions interests you more!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

These pistols will do longer ranges. On the high power setting they shoot harder and lower.
    My advice would be to set it up to hit tin cans at 10m then blast away for 200 shots to settle it in and get used to the dual power. Then choose your distance and power and set it up properly.
    Im not aware that these pistols need much care over the usual oily rag and they go on forever.
    My friend has Steyr and Walther pistols, I sold him a standard 45 .177 and he loves it and is distressingly accurate with it!
    Test various pellets. RWS gecos and H&N ftt are a good start.
    Last edited by gingernut; 20-03-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: add

duel power never herd of this beforebeen having a play all day upto now great fun probklem is ive not got many pellets left now haha.