Thread: Anyone interested in the 'Rellum Challenge' HFT shoot?!

Smile Anyone interested in the 'Rellum Challenge' HFT shoot?!

It’s a pretty miserable afternoon here; constant grey clouds and drizzle so rather than being able to have a plink in the garden my mind has been wandering again. I know, dangerous territory. And here’s where it ended up…I started musing on the idea of a themed ‘vintage shoot’ with the possibility of some sort of sponsored arm to it in aid of H4H. Maybe a standard HFT type course but with shooters all using something like *Rellums? Maybe with open sights?

Anyone still with me or have you all fled the room or fallen on the floor?
    Its just a thought. Money could either be raised via the standard competition entry fee or shooters could get sponsorship based on the number of hits or knockdowns. It could easily be run in conjunction with a standard shoot with participants using a *Rellum instead of their usual match rifle.

*Rellum seem an obvious choice as lots of us have an old one with open sights knocking about in a cupboard, or an SMK? Maybe just anything with original open sights?

What do people think? Would anyone be interested in doing something like this for a bit of fun? –Or would any club fancy holding a special event?

You might need some sort of Handicapping System*, most of regulars here aren't exactly...'sprightly' !

As a direct result of which, I'll sponsor you to win 'Batfink' .

Somebody will be along later, 'Watercolour Challenge' finishes very soon (Uk Gold).

*Oh I see you already have,

The Rellum

lol, ta for that Ian

I'm still musing over how it could be done;

1. A one-off event somewhere

2. A long-running event (maybe open for a couple of months) with shooters able to enter via shoots at their local club

And also the format, would it be better to have it purely sponsorship based with people shooting for fun and raising money per-hit as it were, or to also have an ultimate trophy for the top-gun? Or do both?

Anyone want to throw some ideas in?
    Another thought is that as its the 120th Anniversary of Diana we could use old Dianas / Originals/ Gecardo / Milbros?

Number 2 seems like a good idea.
    Perhaps open it up to any springer with open sights or perhaps any rifle of a certain age?

Great idea

what a great idea and a very worthwhile charity, and maybe everbody should use the same pellet something like a Marksman,
    Ferret,

open sight hft

Yes that sounds quite good fun sort of airgun shooting oldschool,i also still have my first spring gun,and guess what , its a rellum tornado , problem is its front sight missing,mind you if this takes off,i bet there are quite a few people out there that will be scouring the secondhand section,to replace missing open sights LoL . i own pcp rifles,but i still love to shoot the springers,its that challenge that gets you,every springer i have fired seems to have its own character,anyway i am waffling now,but yes that is a nice idea,cheers Phil.

Thanks folks, nice to get some positive feedback on this! Do you think it could work like the postal competitions they have for pistols etc? People could do the shoot and have a witness at the club sign/ verify their scorecard and then submit them?
    And would people prefer to have a one-off fee to enter the competition (or each shoot), or get sponsorship based on the number of targets they hit / knock down?

If it could be done as a postal event I don't see why it couldn't be a national or even international competition.

Field Target with open sight springers sounds fun.

Having reflected upon these suggestions, perhaps two categories may be in order. Namely,one for open sighters and another for 70s/80s springers scoped with period none torpedo tube sighting systems. Sounds like damned good fun to me!
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Having reflected upon these suggestions, perhaps two categories may be in order. Namely,one for open sighters and another for 70s/80s springers scoped with period none torpedo tube sighting systems. Sounds like damned good fun to me!
    Andy
    This is an excellent idea and coupled with postal, verified entries is a winner!