Thread: boxed premier ,and a mk 1 valuation please

boxed premier ,and a mk 1 valuation please

some more stuff from a bereavement sale
    a boxed premier 177 cal lovely sondition with all paperwork ,some original webley targets ,original paper pouch that the original pellets came in,parts diagram ,and instructions for trigger adjustment and how to obtain spare parts
    in really great condition value please?
    also a webley mk1 slant grip,177 cal bluing is worn but no rust,,1 small screw missing from the front,value please??
    thanks in advance
    rgds scirroco
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/36356274@N03/4448213728/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36356274@N03/4447403731/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3635627...n/photostream/

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    The Premier I wouldn't like to comment on for fear of under quoting. In that kind of condition it could almost be a case of name your own price.
    I just recently acquired a slant grip Mk1 in broadly similar condition to the one you show, but with slightly nicer bluing for £85 though, so would value the Mk1 at about that price.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

The Premier I would put a value of £150 to £175 because of it's condition and the original box, paperwork etc. The Mark 1, £35 to £50 due to condition.
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

The Premier looks like an early one - they had four pins (above the trigger) and this quickly changed to five. They also had the word OIL stamped above and to the left of the word "THE" .I can't see from the picture but is there a letter stamped on just above the trigger guard? These ranged from A to F and the four pin models are usually either A or B. If there is no letter then it is REALLY early - only sold for about two months before the A model kicked in. Funnily enough the letters don't seem to have much effect on price - boxed and in good condition I'd say about £150 - £175. I don't know about an unlettered one but I'd personally pay more.

Having typed all of that I can only see three pins in the 'photo - this confuses me!!

The Mark I looks as though it has been well enjoyed and I'd say about £60 at the most.
    Last edited by PaulR; 20-03-2010 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    The Premier looks like an early one - they had four pins (above the trigger) and this quickly changed to five. They also had the word OIL stamped above and to the left of the word "THE" .I can't see from the picture but is there a letter stamped on just above the trigger guard? These ranged from A to F and the four pin models are usually either A or B. If there is no letter then it is REALLY early - only sold for about two months before the A model kicked in. Funnily enough the letters don't seem to have much effect on price - boxed and in good condition I'd say about £150 - £175. I don't know about an unlettered one but I'd personally pay more.

Having typed all of that I can only see three pins in the 'photo - this confuses me!!

The Mark I looks as though it has been well enjoyed and I'd say about £60 at the most.
    thanks guys for your response,, there is no letter above the trigger guard and also ,no OIL stamp next to [the webley premier mark] also
    hope this helps a little?
    thanks
    rgds scirroco

Webley Premier

I think this is a 5-pin Premier. The earlier 4 pins were 2 for the trigger guard, 1 to hold the trigger and 1 for the sear. The later 5th pin was added as a trigger stop as can be seen on the photo. You may find a letter under the LH grip, but be very careful putting this back and ensure you fit the locating pin in the hole in the grip.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    I think this is a 5-pin Premier. The earlier 4 pins were 2 for the trigger guard, 1 to hold the trigger and 1 for the sear. The later 5th pin was added as a trigger stop as can be seen on the photo. You may find a letter under the LH grip, but be very careful putting this back and ensure you fit the locating pin in the hole in the grip.
    thanks webman
    there is possibly the letter E OR F ,and either side of the grip screw hole number 6 to the left, and 73 to the right,hope this helps a little my eyessight aint to good
    thanks
    rgds scirroco

Webley Premier

The letter is more likely to be an "E" and the numbers relate to the month and year of manufacture. As has already been stated, prices do not vary much for the different letters from B onwards and I agree with previous valuation threads.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

My eyes are not what they were - but I have just noticed that the barrel catch is sintered - therefore a D or E model. 6, 73 makes it June 73 - an E then. Not many Fs about either.
    (I am trying for a full set).