Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March 10m starts today...

March 10m starts today...

...and runs until next Sunday 28th March.

Rules, Results, Season Leader board and Targets

Good luck, stay safe, have fun!

I'm very perplexed - could've sworn I posted this this morning!
    Last edited by MikeB; 20-03-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Groundhog day?
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Groundhog day?

Oh nooooo, not again!

Well thats my scores in for this month and Im sorry to say it feels like wooden spoon time again

atb

Bill

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill View Post
    Well thats my scores in for this month and Im sorry to say it feels like wooden spoon time again

atb

Bill
    Even with that lovely non recoiling springer?

Colin and I will be up tomorrow night to shoot our cards, see you there?

Will do mine at the weekend when I'm back home and can get into the back garden

Don't take all of the wooden spoons Bill, save some for the rest of us
    If at first you don't succeed just shoot it some more

It's been a slow start this month but 8 sets of scores have now been submitted.

Keep 'em coming, guys 'n gals!

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    It's been a slow start this month but 8 sets of scores have now been submitted.

Keep 'em coming, guys 'n gals!
    Mine and Noddy's should be with you soon.

I was shooting in the daylight at the weekend and I must try to shoot the comp in daylight, I get much better scores.

Another thing I can't understand is why I do better with the HW75 than the Rohm (more trigger tweaking required methinks)

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    Even with that lovely non recoiling springer?
    Yes even with my brilliant non recoiling springer
    See you a week on friday

Bill

Mine and Noddy's should be with you soon.
    Got 'em thanks, Alan.

I was shooting in the daylight at the weekend and I must try to shoot the comp in daylight, I get much better scores.
    Yes, please do try to shoot in daylight, we don't want you doing a Paddy now, do we?

Another thing I can't understand is why I do better with the HW75 than the Rohm (more trigger tweaking required methinks)
    It's probably just that you're trying harder with the Rohm because you know it can shoot the pants off the '75...

...As Frankie said...

Relax

Put mine in today. Had a good result in the spring (gave the FWB65 an outing for a change) but by the time I got the Steyr out the wind had got up so my scores are a bit pants for that one.
    Might try the SSP tomorrow if the wind drops, give Paddy a run for his money with the HW40, see if I can beat him to the wooden spoon .
    Jef

Well the weather was kind today so I was able to shoot the SSP category.
    I thought I'd give Paddy a chance with his HW40 so rather than using the far superior Gamo Compact I used the new kid on the block.

For those that don't recognise it it's a Webley Nemesis. I have recently managed to get hold of this one in .177 and a near mint one in .22.
    The gun is a delight to shoot but the trigger was a little 'snappy' causing me to jerk the gun on firing. I have now sorted that (I'll post details on another thread next week) and it is now light and crisp and has stopped spraying pellets all over the place. How was it at ten meters? Wait and see.
    Jef

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Well the weather was kind today so I was able to shoot the SSP category.
    I thought I'd give Paddy a chance with his HW40 so rather than using the far superior Gamo Compact I used the new kid on the block.

For those that don't recognise it it's a Webley Nemesis. I have recently managed to get hold of this one in .177 and a near mint one in .22.
    The gun is a delight to shoot but the trigger was a little 'snappy' causing me to jerk the gun on firing. I have now sorted that (I'll post details on another thread next week) and it is now light and crisp and has stopped spraying pellets all over the place. How was it at ten meters? Wait and see.

Hi Jef.

I've shot my Spring & SSP already, just need to do the Co2 which should be fun with my Skif .

I'm intrigued to what your score will be with your Nemisis, good luck & may the better pistol shooter win . Or I may be just lucky

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Exclamation Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi Jef.

I've shot my Spring & SSP already, just need to do the Co2 which should be fun with my Skif .

I'm intrigued to what your score will be with your Nemisis, good luck & may the better pistol shooter win . Or I may be just lucky

Regards
    Paddy.
    The Nemesis is 1 of the best pistols i ever shot i bitterly regret selling it i expect U will do very well with it, Paddy we are always told to shoot pistols with the pad of our trigger finger, but with the "Skif" i always found i got better leverage and control when shooting, using the first joint of the trigger finger, yeah i know its frowned upon the "experts" will surely correct me, but it worked for me shooting single handed ...mike...!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    The Nemesis is 1 of the best pistols i ever shot i bitterly regret selling it i expect U will do very well with it, Paddy we are always told to shoot pistols with the pad of our trigger finger, but with the "Skif" i always found i got better leverage and control when shooting, using the first joint of the trigger finger, yeah i know its frowned upon the "experts" will surely correct me, but it worked for me shooting single handed ...mike...!!!!
    Hi Mike.

Thanks for another tip I will try that later.

You'll all see the results Sunday/Monday if it worked or not

Regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK