Thread: hw35 mystery stock....

hw35 mystery stock....

i've owned a few hw's in the past the 35 std and export being 2 and i had a m8 who had the vixen etc,well today i bought(from a nice chap of another forum!) a rather very nice clean example of the hw35 but in the modern carbine model,one thing has got me a little puzzled though and that's the stock,it's similar to my old export in the pistol grip chequering and cheek piece but unlike my old export the cheek piece this also has the raised comb and there are no finger grove's in the for end,the only hw35 that had this stock that i can recall was the 'hw35 luxus',by far the best looking hw35 imo.
    i have tried to find the carbine version on the net,no problems there but there are no pics of the carbine version with this stock.
    so did the later carbine version hw35 have a deluxe stock the same as the old luxus,or has somebody changed the stock..pics to explain....
    cheek piece and comb..
    http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/...9/STA61827.jpg
    for end...
    http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/...9/STA61828.jpg
    carbine barrel
    http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/...9/STA61829.jpg
    anyone shed some light on this for me?
    Last edited by weebster; 21-03-2010 at 09:27 PM.

I recon it's a Luxusausfuhrung with a shortened barrel
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

And im wrong..... i missed the bit about the forend groves
    Tis a mystery
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

it's defo a factory standard hw35 carbine,the only thing to question is wether the stock is standard fit for the carbine or is it the old hw35 luxus stock from the eighties

The stock could be from the 35EB, married to either a 35k or cut down 35, but I don't think that they started life together. ATB Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

It looks like a HW35 Luxus stock 3rd & 4th from the left with a carbine barrel/action fitted. Does the barrel retain the foresight grooves under the silencer?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

the action started life as a carbine(bar sell the 35k model as do a few others)that is'nt a silencer it's just a barrel weight type thing similar to what the hw95 had(early ones)i have'nt taken it off and i probably won't bother,looking at the muzzle it dose'nt look like there would be any fore sight rails there although there are the screw holes for the rear sight but i should think this was designed for scope use only
    it was defo made after 89 as it only has 'made in germany' stamped on the breach block,pre 89 all had 'west germany'
    serial number from the barrel is 793327
    i'm almost 99% certain the stock is from a hw35 luxus,that being the case i think the luxus was a walnut stock rather than beech
    anyways a hw35 with that stock and 3-9x40 nikko sterling scope for £150 squddies is a result in my book
    thanks for reading all and for the help

Yep, deffo a GOOD result! - although I.J wouldn't have paid more than a ton for it!
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    Yep, deffo a GOOD result! - although I.J wouldn't have paid more than a ton for it!
    tight is he ,i would'nt normally pay more than a oner for a bog standard 35,but this one is in A1 condition with a nice walnut stock

The stock could be from the 35EB, married to either a 35k or cut down 35, but I don't think that they started life together. ATB Eric
    the 35 eb is just a plain old export(no raised comb)the B stands for beeman,that american geezer who likes to sell everybody else's guns under his name in the state's

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    tight is he ,i would'nt normally pay more than a oner for a bog standard 35,but this one is in A1 condition with a nice walnut stock
    Oi! If I throw a stick will you two go away?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk