Thread: bsa mercury

bsa mercury

hi members,can anybody help with identifying which mark this gun is please-the number is wb6896.if it helps it's a 177 and the cocking arm is not several pieces but one folded piece.i need to know so i can source some bits of the rear sight-two screws and a small ball bearing and i think possibly a tiny spring
    thanks for any help,regards nik

The BSA Mercury was produced 1972 -1980, with prefixes of 'W' and 'Z'. The Mercury Mark11 followed in 1976 with prefix of Wb for .177.
    Last edited by Herpquest; 21-03-2010 at 10:59 PM.
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

mercury

Try gunspares.co.uk for the diagrams to identify which model it is,think the early ones sights are scarce, john knibbs might have the bits you need, a good fasteners place might have the same in steel & you could just cold blue them yourself with good results I've done this a few times & it saves £££ & hassle trying to get obsolete screws/bolts.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    If it's got a one piece cocking arm then it's either a mk1 or 2.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hi, Herpquest is correct its definitely a MK2 made between 1976 and September 1979...Dave...

mercury

thanks for the info guys-now all i have to do is find the sights spares,tried knibbs today but they weren't answering the phone i guess they're closed on monday.i just bought the mercury and would like to shoot the 177.
    regards nik

jonballs is offline born to shoot, shoot to hunt, hunt to eat
    we`ll have a rummage in the workshop when you next come over as i`m sure i`ve got the bits you need in one of the drawers
    cheers
    jon
    jon barber

touch wood i`ve never had a bad sale on the bbs