Thread: Rohm pistol, will silencer silence?

Rohm pistol, will silencer silence?

Hi guys, I have myself a Rohm pistol (top) and wonder whether getting someone to make a silencer adaptor might be worth it (to mount silencer)?

The reason I ask is this pistol is a revolver so loses some gas via the magazine area. Will a silencer make much difference to noise levels as obviously it can't help with escaping gas at the breech?

Any info or pics would be much appreciated.

Thanks

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    depends if your going to use it for hunting or no
    calm down im only joking

most of the gas goes down the spout so the silencer will silence that bit, there will obviously be some gas loss from the breach but you will have to listen to a few people with silenced guns, try you tube if you don't have a club member with one to make up your own mind if its worth it or not.

as Paul said, it will make a difference,

perhaps Nick the resident rohm expert will be on to give his tuppence worth.
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    depends if your going to use it for hunting or no
    calm down im only joking

most of the gas goes down the spout so the silencer will silence that bit, there will obviously be some gas loss from the breach but you will have to listen to a few people with silenced guns, try you tube if you don't have a club member with one to make up your own mind if its worth it or not.

as Paul said, it will make a difference,

perhaps Nick the resident rohm expert will be on to give his tuppence worth.

Cheers Sol, thanks for the info.

BigEars Guest
    I'm surprised it's making that much noise. One thing to watch for might be the alteration of the balance of the gun when you add to the front end.

i have a lovely ally shroud that was made for my rohm sport,just going to be laying about if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    i have a lovely ally shroud that was made for my rohm sport,just going to be laying about if you want it.
    No thanks bud as I guess I'll have to modify the pistol to take the shroud.

Ideally I'm looking for an adaptor to incorporate a front post so that when I'm back garden plinking I can use a silencer. My neighbours are ok but don't want to annoy them too much as expecially summer is coming.

Thanks

Anyone do these adaptors for the barrell? Needs to relace the compensator with a half inch UNF adaptor for silencers.

Thanks