Thread: webley junior advice needed

webley junior advice needed

Hi all, bought an early junior off here and when I recieved it, the trrigger was extremely sensitive, dangerously so. Now it wont cock. I've taken it apart and cleaned it and all seems as it should be. Need some advice, as i just cant figure it out. Any help appreciated.

probably a worn sear or an ovalled out sear pin hole - not really much else can go on them

junior

cheers for that but both seem ok, the sear just wont catch. could it be that the sear isnt engaging at all for some reason?

stretched linkage can cause it to fail to engage

junior

will dismantle the thing again. driving me nuts.

Webley junior

Hi, I take it this a junior pistol and not rifle.
    Maybe the sear spring is worn/broken and not having enough tension to
    keep the sear in tension to engage the piston when cocking.
    Can't think of anything else.

ATB Chris.

Junior

I had a problem like this on a well-used Senior. As Olivercromwell says, if the linkage which pulls back the piston is stretched or the holes in it are worn, the piston cannot be pulled far enough forward to engage with the sear. I ended up fileing the bottom of the slot in the front of the spring guide (at the front of the gun). This allowed the barrel to go through a greater angle and pull the piston a bit further foreward. The other possibility is that the spring is too long or washers have been fitted in the piston. This would also stop the piston from being pulled back far enough for the sear to engage.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

The clue is that it did catch albeit not too well....... and now it doesn't I would look at the long link being stretched, too much play in the short link (when it wears it wobbles and produces too much reach) or the sear being worn - try engaging the piston with no spring in it, if it engages and holds when you pull it then its probably the links rather than the sear. (possibly) Do check all the pins - any play there can produce this result.

junior

thanks a lot lads, some food for thought there. Ill have another go in the morning.

junior

Thanks for all the advice lads but if I spend anymore time on this I'll be going to the Docs for tablets and the wife will leave me. Thinking about it I might just pop back in the garage.....
    The hole in the sear is ever so slightly ovalled but not that it should make a differance and the linkage seems pretty solid.
    Regards, Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by paul schindler View Post
    Thanks for all the advice lads but if I spend anymore time on this I'll be going to the Docs for tablets and the wife will leave me. Thinking about it I might just pop back in the garage.....
    The hole in the sear is ever so slightly ovalled but not that it should make a differance and the linkage seems pretty solid.
    Regards, Paul.
    It doesn't require much play for the sear to fail to engage..