Thread: Gem Valuation

Gem Valuation

A tidy Gem with Lanes barrel latch was sold last night at our local house clearance sale for £70+£20 auction charge. Is this about the right price or did I pass-up a little gem of a gun at a good price?
    Regards
    Daveh
    If you dont do it today, you might not be able to do it tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by daveh View Post
    A tidy Gem with Lanes barrel latch was sold last night at our local house clearance sale for £70+£20 auction charge. Is this about the right price or did I pass-up a little gem of a gun at a good price?
    Regards
    Daveh
    Sounds about right if it was tidy...I bought a Theodore Bergmann Gem recently, allowed £50 as part of a joblot, a little bit rough with no original finish but a nice enough little example to have (I think Lanes type barrel latches were adapted from Bergmann Gems??...or atleast the catch is very similar)
    blah blah

Hi can you tell me what the crossed pistols markings on a .25 gem denote,thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by 300e man View Post
    Hi can you tell me what the crossed pistols markings on a .25 gem denote,thankyou.
    Probably made sometime between the late 1890s to 1920s, by Flurscheim and Bergman (or just Theodore Bergman), Eisenwerke, Gaggenau, Baden, Germany...got any pics?
    blah blah