Thread: Best mounts for Airsporter dovetails?

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Question Best mounts for Airsporter dovetails?

As many of you know the dovetails on Mk6 Airsporters (and other mk's I believe) are very shallow and have no arrestor holes.

I have some good quality Sportsmatch mounts - but these don't really grip the rails well as everything is all 'rounded off' if you know what I mean?

I also gather I need to consider reach-back mounts to allow for the Airsporter's trigger block - Sportsmatch do some special mounts - OP12C which are supposed to be for BSA rifles - but these seem aimed at solving the eye relief probs rather than security to rifle.

So other than filing up mounts to get a better fit - is there anything anyone can recommend please....?

mounts

i put a set of ernst apel mounts on my airsporter along with an arrestor block and they were superb. They were steel as opposed to aluminium and had a sharp profile to them. They fitted like a glove and really looked the part. You do see them second hand on here from time to time. Good luck

Hilver 1 piece steel mounts are excellent for this.

BSA Apel mounts get my vote.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    An alternative to the rare Apel steel mounts is fitting a lightweight scope which has less inertia and so doesn't move when screwed on tight.

The only one which is any good is the 1970s classic 7/8" tube Nikko Sterling Tiara 4x28, one of which is actually for sale at the moment! Don't know the seller or the scope just there it is ...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...ght=4x28+tiara

Fifth one down, 35 knicker-pounds.