Thread: webley eclipse 177 value

webley eclipse 177 value

Eclipse 177 topped with a 3x9x40 original scope in very nice working order what would you value this outfit at any ideas would be greatly appreciated
    ATB
    ANDY

eclipse

I would guess about £150-200 depending on condition, I just let a freind have a mint one sfs tuned,lovley gun to shoot but I just had too many rifles.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    If a Mk.I in .177 iro £125 plus post (maybe £150 if truly vgc), and if a Mk.II in .177, £175 plus post (maybe £200 if again, truly in vgc), as these are the prices I got for mine last year, so know them to be close to the mark, and not just pie in the sky . Hope this helps.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by snubbs View Post
    topped with a 3x9x40 original scope in very nice working order
    Note here when buying/selling an Eclipse (Mk.I or Mk.II), never buy/sell one with a scope fitted. Always remove any scope, and check for damage before concluding the deal. Why? Because to keep the weight down, Webley used a lighter alloy for the action tubes on the Eclipse than on their other rifles.

This alloy tubing therefore, by its very nature, is a softer metal than the steel assembly usually used then, ergo prone to scope-rail crimping if mounts are over tightened, and crimped scope mount groves render a rifle NBG in my book, and can be very very costly to correct. Again, hope this helps . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

webley

Hi All
    Thank you very much for the valuation info much appreciated
    Regards
    Andy