Thread: Steyr LP10

Steyr LP10

Hello to all the members,

Prabhath here from Bangalore, India. Been a member for long but have not posted earlier due to various reasons. Prime reason for joining this forum is to learn about airguns. I am a hobby airgun enthusiast and currently own a RWS 54 in .177 and a Baikal IZH 46M. Plan on progressing to a more serious level. Plan on buying a Steyr LP10 with a mechanical trigger. Have a question in this regard. I plan on buying the LP10 with the pump from Steyr. Will the pump sold by Steyr be good enough or should I look at other alternatives. I am looking for durability, ease of maintainence and value for money from the pump.
    Prabhath.

Hi Prabhath,

Welcome to the forum.

The Steyr LP10 is great choice. I fill mine using a Hill Pumps or SCUBA dive cylinder.

http://www.airriflepump.com/ (Looks like an LP10 in the Hill Advert on their web page)

I find the Hill pump well made and when it does need a service you can buy all the spares for it.

Thanks

Mark

the LP10 is a fine pistol - I fill mine from a bottle, but as the cylinders are small on a pistol, I am sure the pump will be fine
    AAS200T.177 & S510SL .177. FWB P70(diopter), P70 FT(Big Nikko) Steyr LP10, LG110(Big Nikko), LG20(diopter) . The gun is deadly accurate - shame about the user

If you go for a pump then make sure you have a moisture trap fitted to it.
    IanR
    Daystate MK4 S .177 ~ Steyr LP2 ~ Brno Tau-7

Thanks

Thanks guys. Will definitely keep in mind your suggestions. My best bet seems to be the Hills pump since they have an authorised dealer out here in India.
    Prabhath.

Steyr is very good, but, imo, prices are very high at the mo, especially for sechands. Prices you buy a new morini for(E850)..Looks like steyr LP10 is a rage at the mo..Bit like everyone had to have pcp yrs ago..
    So I'd also consider the other good brands! Since they might be better value for money. Morini, walther, anschutz, FWB..
    They're all good, there's no better, none of them is bad. Its what suits YOU best.
    What serves me well, might not fit you at all.
    Dont look at what others are shooting. Buy what fits YOU.
    ATB,
    yana

I agree on the Hills, no trouble pumping up the LP10 cylinder with it. Don't pump it up just before shooting though, it does take a bit of effort and you will need to let your heart rate and breathing recover before shooting.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    I use an FX pump which has a built in moisture trap (very important) another good tip is to store your pump indoors at a constant temperature