Thread: Valuation Request Mint 177 45 Original

Ooohhhh don't tempt me me gun room is straining as it is and the wife's threatening to evict them all but while the cats away LoL

Not sure completely on price but I have been offered in the past 1 of 2 45's at £140 ish. But was looking for FWB sport at the time, which I have just redone one, and luv em !

Not sure if this is the place to put in an offer as its against forum rules to buy of a valuation. Hope my valuation is near to the mark.

But I'm interested.

ATB
    Paul

The two i had a choice of buying were in good original nick, but probably not as nice as yours. But even the FWB 127 I picked up was £150 and that was in very good condition and subsequent BSA Airsporter S was £120 and thats was in great condition didn't need much doing to it at all. Prices seem a little lower at the mo than usual.

Maybe worth keep it and enjoying her but I'm sure you'll get what you want for it eventually. I'm hopefully of to the Bisley gun fair with out the wife to spend some hard earned.

But it was only a rough guide to an average 45 the more work the more money .

ATB
    Paul

Hi,
    In the condition you are saying, and if someone wants a 177 minter, i would say £200, and maybe a bit more, these are a great rifle, Any pics, Cheers Tim.

Well just stick it up for what you think its worth, it'll either go asap or not "Simple'sss" and you could always enjoy the bargaining that ensues

Good luck on the sale - you tempter.

ATB
    Paul

Wonderfull gun the original 45,and i would think in the condition you describe would definately be worth in the region of £200 - £250.I was actually on the look out for just such a rifle untill earlier this week when i picked up a 25 year old unmolested example of a hw 80,getting to be a rare beast in unbutchered condition,but needs reblueing...good luck with the sale if you decide to let it go...

FwB Sports mint make £250 and might make a tad more. Any marks bring the price down substantially. The 45 isn't as popular but still rare to find in mint condition. A nice one struggles to beat £160; most shooters £140, so a mint, not a mark on it, then £250; but almost mint £200. There are a few out there so there is a limit.

I'm looking for an unfired one; well not a mark on it.
    Last edited by Muskett; 24-03-2010 at 11:28 AM.

mrto

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Well as above, fitted with correct v mach spring, relubed etc, a dull 'thud' to deliver a superdome wherever you aim at 11.2 ftlb

The nicest 45 I've ever seen, but after an initial 'playtime' now resides largely in cabinet, which seems a shame if there's someone who will give it some serious use ...
    I bought one in .22 cal' at xmas in 99% condition for two hundred pounds.......

Solidly built and efficient rifle. Not rated in the same category as the FWB or HW models, but now being appreciated for it's build quality.
    I would pay around the £200 - £250 mark posted for a mint piece.
    ATB Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!