Thread: WHERE CAN i FIND A PHOTO OF .....

WHERE CAN i FIND A PHOTO OF .....

Was speaking to a collector about early pcp , then had a look here , can't find a photo of a Sportsmatch air rifle . I see there were different models but the GC2 was the one discussed /mentioned - anyone any links to a photo or one in their Airgun folder ?
    Did not realise that retailed pcp were this old early 1980's apparently .......
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch.Stanton? View Post
    Did not realise that retailed pcp were this old early 1980's apparently .......
    Ahem. Try the 1780s. See links here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHXK8...eature=related and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9WEsILY92o. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi mate,

Just google/images "Sportsmatch GC2"...loads of pics on there.

Didn't know you were into old pcps!...here's some pics of an old PCP from the early 80's, Don't know what the actual model is?? but Daysate made them for Rentokil apparently...it used to be mine, may see if the chap who owns it is ready to sell it back to me yet...
    blah blah

Retailed

Well I did say "retailed" meaning by what we call modern manufactured ...and retailed .

Did handle and photo'd Malcolm Munslows 1780's Girandoni Repeater some years back and think the photos are still on Peter's resource site - Vintageairguns.com [ when the site is reinstalled - its been offline for a year or more now ].But will still have a and look at some interesting links ....

Thanks Dave !
    Was just about to put a reply on your vintage Pellets thread ........PM inbound .
    Last edited by Arch.Stanton?; 24-03-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Wink sportsmatch gc2

I recently found an airgunner mag from 1990 with a gc2 advert in it. The guns were sold by V.A.G. co in Uckfield Essex. I seem to remember these coming out in about 1986/7 and made to order only. They were designed by gerald cardew hence the name GC2. A bullpup version was made and I believe this was the first pcp to be fitted with a regulator ( although I could be mistaken ).
    I enquired about buying one in 1989 and was quoted £850.00 back then. I dont know if vag are still going but I have their address if anybody wants it. They may have a pallet full of mint ones still in their boxes and at 1980`s prices !!

Chasing rareities

Sounds like this could actually be true or is it my medication kicking in .....

Saw the bullpup version on the photos Dave linked . Very Nice !