Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Umarex S&W pistol silencer options

Umarex S&W pistol silencer options

All

I have a 6 inch umarex Smith & Wesson co2 pistol. I believe the available silencer is not up to much.

Is there an adapter that can enable the use of any 1/2 inch silencer.

I would like to fit a HW silencer in order to really reduce the noise for use in my indoor range (in the garage)

Cheers
    AA TX200 mk3 HC - MTC Viper 10x44

Thanks already SORTED
    AA TX200 mk3 HC - MTC Viper 10x44

Silencer

Here is a picture of my S&W, with its new silencer adapter fitted along side my HW 1/2 unf silencer.

http://pic50.picturetrail.com:80/VOL.../385116597.jpg

If anyone would like to know, this setup is now so quiet, the hammer makes more noise than the muzzle report.

Let me know if you need any advise, the adapter was made for me my a forum member off here, he goes by the username of :- magicniner
    Last edited by sharpeshooter; 01-04-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Nick made me one of those as well. You should see what my 8" Smith looks like with a similar sized silencer on it

Got to agree it is very quiet
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Thanks for the positive feedback on these guys, with a quiet target you could get a lot of practice in the garden without annoying the neighbours, or in the loft, cellar or garage without allerting the Mrs.
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by sharpeshooter View Post
    Here is a picture of my S&W, with its new silencer adapter fitted along side my HW 1/2 unf silencer.

http://pic50.picturetrail.com:80/VOL.../385116597.jpg

If anyone would like to know, this setup is now so quiet, the hammer makes more noise than the muzzle report.

Let me know if you need any advise, the adapter was made for me my a forum member off here, he goes by the username of :- magicniner
    Neat! This would solve my S&W issues too!

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Although there's not much to be done with an adapter the thread protector doesn't just have to be a knurled tube -

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...ons/TP-Off.jpg

This one is going on a gloss black Smith so the parts visible when fitted are to match,

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...ithGlossBk.jpg

a shame as the it looked nice on my Nickel Smith in the bright

Nick
    Last edited by magicniner; 13-04-2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Adding image link
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Thumbs up Smith & Wesson 586 1/2 inch UNF silencer adapter

Nick has very kindly made me one of these and I must say what a great guy to deal with, he is a credit to this BBS and makes great items.
    Darren
    Weihrauch HW100 .177, QB78 Deluxe .177, SMK B2 .177,
    Nickel Walther CP88 6" competiton, Walther CP88, Beretta M92FS, Beretta M92FS PPC 1500 LTD Edition and a Smith and Wesson 586 4",6" & 8".

i really need one of these adaptors for my 586
    pm sent to magicniner
    hope he can supply me with one
    Last edited by andyz1000; 27-10-2010 at 04:07 PM.

I appreciate this is an old thread but I've just bought a 586 and could really do with an adaptor as described above.
    Does anybody know where I could get one? It's a pretty loud gun and I really don't want to annoy the neighbours.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

PM Nick / magicniner post #5 he makes them.

sfbm

Armex, the Umarex distributor, announced this summer that they are making a 1/2" unf adaptor for the Smith (and for the Winchester lever action). They are trade only, but a gunshop should be able to get one for you. Around £12, so cheaper I imagine than having one custom made.

Thanks for the advice. I'll follow both leads up

Quote Originally Posted by sharpeshooter View Post
    All

I have a 6 inch umarex Smith & Wesson co2 pistol. I believe the available silencer is not up to much.

Is there an adapter that can enable the use of any 1/2 inch silencer.

I would like to fit a HW silencer in order to really reduce the noise for use in my indoor range (in the garage)

Cheers
    I made one myself for my CP88 having heard that the one available was rubbish. Mine is made of aluminium and felt, 85 mm long and 22 mm in diameter.
    It has a female 1/2" UNF. It fits the CP88, CP1 .22 and CP1M .177. Today I tested it on my Huntsman Regal and though it is not as quiet as the SAK that I usually put on and it did really well, no crack of the muzzle but not a fart box either.

Regards,

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    I made one myself for my CP88 having heard that the one available was rubbish. Mine is made of aluminium and felt, 85 mm long and 22 mm in diameter.
    It has a female 1/2" UNF. It fits the CP88, CP1 .22 and CP1M .177. Today I tested it on my Huntsman Regal and though it is not as quiet as the SAK that I usually put on and it did really well, no crack of the muzzle but not a fart box either.

Regards,

A.G
    I use an old steel PH on my CP88. It works well, does not obscure the sights and looks good. It's heavy though!

I can confirm that the Umarex plastic 586 suppressor is rubbish at suppressing.