Thread: Scorpion "Fixer Upper"

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

Scorpion "Fixer Upper"

At my dad's house I have an old BSA Scorpion pistol minus sights, and the trigger doesn't work. When you cock it the sear doesn't catch the piston. Is this a common problem with the Scorpion and is there a simple fix? I remember having the gun apart many years ago to see if I could fix it, but it all looked very complicated so I put it back together again to let it gather more d/rust. If I could just get the thing working I'd then start the search for a set of open sights.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Not the easiest things to work on. Mark Knibbs is a good lad with these, he did do an exchange service on the full trigger mechanism and you'll probably have to get the spares from him anyway. Good look with it, get in touch if you get it going, I may be able to help with the sights.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    At my dad's house I have an old BSA Scorpion pistol minus sights, and the trigger doesn't work. When you cock it the sear doesn't catch the piston. Is this a common problem with the Scorpion and is there a simple fix? I remember having the gun apart many years ago to see if I could fix it, but it all looked very complicated so I put it back together again to let it gather more d/rust. If I could just get the thing working I'd then start the search for a set of open sights.
    Hiya mate, Its not " Uncommon " Its usually the hammer, £15 + post ?
    and then there is the trigger itself ! I have to confess this is the hardest trigger to get right, Original 3 Ball, Easy, But the Scorpion, It took me half a dozen to get right !!!

I sometimes wonder on these & other guns, " Is it worth It "
    You can buy a nice one for £70-£80 Complete with sights, ( These alone will cost £35 a pair )
    I saw a cocking aid on here sell for £15 ( How many do you want ) The price above included a cocking aid or a silencer adapter !

I have the parts you need, But can you get the trigger working & There is the cost ! Cheers, Ged.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Thanks for the replies lads. I'd love to get it going again as I think its a really early one. The sights that were originally with it were the old bendy plastic type rear sight with the oblong gap at the front of the sight. Both rear and front sights are long gone to I know not where. I'm pretty sure the cocking aid is there somewhere though.
    Next time I'm at my dad's I'll have another squint at it, now that I have an idea what to look at.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.