Thread: Webley Airpistols by Gordon Bruce

Webley Airpistols by Gordon Bruce

I've been looking for a copy of this book and have tried everywhere but can't find one. Does anyone know of a copy needing a good home?

Register an interest with Amazon - secondhand.

I did a few months ago - within 3 weeks I got a near mint copy - sent from America. Cost a total of £35 - which was the "new" cost. Well worth it btw.

www.play.com sells it for about £26 but you might have to wait a few weeks to get it after ordering

Webley Air Pistols

I have registered with some retail outlets for this book, after receiving money back from the States where I believed to have finally bought a copy.

The book is listed seemingly everywhere, but not in stock, and '2 weeks' appears to be expanded endlessly.
    I like to believe that the publisher is waiting to include the Centennial Tempest; surely something must 'give' towards a re-print.
    Perhaps this upcoming book on the rifles might spurr things as well.

Then again, even when demand for this book seems high, especially on sites like this, the numbers of copies reprinted will be small according the actual market.
    A tricky business for any (small) publisher.
    At least that is what I think in order to explain the (un-)availability of this book.

Regards,
    Mike Meijer
    Last edited by M.Meijer; 27-03-2010 at 01:36 PM.

Yes , i've tried amazon and about ten other outlets all still selling the book until you click to buy and then are told its out of stock - i've even tried phoning bookshops but nothing.

I contacted the publisher, Hale books, but no joy from them either! They certainly didn't mention re-printing it. I registered with Amazon but no joy yet. Strange, isn't it. It seems that the more popular a book is, the less chance you have of finding one. Bearing in mind the amount of posts this has created I think I'll get back to Hale books again and tell them about the interest.

Jonathan
    Last edited by Jonathan333; 27-03-2010 at 01:07 PM. Reason: A simple typo!

The more people in contact with Robert Hale about this book, the more likely another reprint becomes.
    This is what resulted in the first reprint, although it did take quite a while, with outright refusal being the initial response, but perseverance from BBS members, and others, resulted in a reprint of 500 copies.