Thread: Valuation on 1960 Diana Model 5

Valuation on 1960 Diana Model 5

Today, I rediscovered my late father's Diana Model 5 air pistol. He brought this back from a business trip to Cologne, Germany, in 1960. It appears to be in excellent working condition, and shows very little wear. It is in the original drawstring plastic bag and box, although these are worn. The instruction book (in German) is also there, dated 1960. There also are two tins of RWS Diabolo .177 pellets (labeling in German). I wonder if anyone would be so kind as to let me know what this might might be worth. Thank you. Mike Benton, Fargo, ND, USA.

Quote Originally Posted by bentonmj View Post
    Today, I rediscovered my late father's Diana Model 5 air pistol. He brought this back from a business trip to Cologne, Germany, in 1960. It appears to be in excellent working condition, and shows very little wear. It is in the original drawstring plastic bag and box, although these are worn. The instruction book (in German) is also there, dated 1960. There also are two tins of RWS Diabolo .177 pellets (labeling in German). I wonder if anyone would be so kind as to let me know what this might might be worth. Thank you. Mike Benton, Fargo, ND, USA.
    Although it's a very well made pistol these are common and don't hold great value Mike. Maybe 100 US dollars, or a little more due to the fact that it's an old one and boxed? The next model up, the mod 6, is of somewhat more interest because it had a very elaborate anti-recoil system built into its cylinder. If you are planning to sell it you should think about putting it on the Yellow forum classifieds, which is US-based. This one was advertised at 110 dollars some time ago.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thank you

Thank you, Garvin, for the information. I'm frankly somewhat relieved it's not a rare and valuable item, as now I don't face the decision of whether to keep it or sell it. Perhaps I'll try shooting it sometime. Thanks again.