Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: put my mfr through a chrono

hixy Guest

put my mfr through a chrono

hello folks been using bisley magnums in my mfr for a while now and was really impressed with them.well i put my mfr through a chrono with the magnums and my mfr was only doing 9 and a half foot pounds which isnt very good is it.so put acupells through and now my mfr is doing 12 and a half foot pounds.do i need to worry about the half foot pound,as its a real pain to get it sorted

thanks hixy

loiner1965 Guest
    get it sorted mate......still classed as a firearm wether its 1 ft over or 1200 ft

superten67 Guest

i should say

was talking to a mate in a shop in bloxwich and they knew a bloke whod been done for .1 or sommat silly 6month suspended prison sentence,confiscation and a fairly big fine.
    im thinkin of packin it all ****** police state this country now and dosnt stop the criminals getting away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by hixy
    well i put my mfr through a chrono
    You must have a huge chrono

loiner1965 Guest
    oooooh thank you very much kind sir.......

Before you pack it all in, maybe you should make a few more enquiries and find out if this is kosher.

As soon as it is someone else who once knew a bloke who... I start to suspect

Unless a crime was committed using the gun, the likelyhood of being done for .1 of a ftlb is a tad unlikely to say the least

That said better to have gun running at nice legal 11ftlb

Baz

realhunter Guest

better to be safe!!

i think you know the answer to this!! no point giving the police or other hunting lobbyists the ammunition they need to discredit the sport even more. plus if in case of an accident in the field your a@@e is covered.(hopefully never happens) keep trying pellets to get around 11-11.5 lbs then you know your safe from prosecution.good luck!!

superten67 Guest

good luck

good luck.....we need it as well nowadays you wont be able to own a pea shooter soon in this country without a licence.

5sheds Guest
    Maybe you get your chrono checked, it should be nearer 12ftlb with bismags, and 9ftlb with the acupells.

hixy Guest
    5sheds thats what i thought,but we tried other guns and they were ok.bisley mags are really tight in the barrell maybe thats why the power was down with them.i only bought the gun a couple of months ago and it was tested then and it was ok.will have to try another crono though i dont think there was anything with the one i used today.

hixy

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club

Thumbs up

Try AA 5.52 might bring gun down to 11.8 which is where you want to be.

11.8 is NOT where you want to be.

11 or 11.5 maximum is where you want to be.

11.8 is far too close for normal performance fluctuations and temperature changes etc. and even then, the police can use whatever ammo they want to test the guns power levels.

That means you need to protect yourself for the worst case scenarios. The reason - well different brands and weights perform differently in your rifle and one may be legal and onother will run hot.

A number of eyebrows get raised as to whether the police will prosecute if you are running a little hot. Well maybe they will and maybe they wont but why the do you want to give anyone the rope to hang you by !!!

Get one of Combro's chrono's and you can test it at any time.

It is YOUR responsibility to ensure our guns are running within the law and no one elses.

I believe the police will use the ammo recommended by the manufacturer but I repeat they can use any ammo they want. Seems like a good time to get things sorted doesnt it !

Steyr
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Johnny - Sweden Guest
    Better to run the gun at spot on 11 ft/lbs.

It doesent matter if it runs at 11 or 13 ft/lbs anyway..

But...

I can promise you that - a 30 ft/lbs PCP is awesome fun to use..

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club

Cool

CHECK THEOBENS WEB ,look at power table 11,8