Thread: Parkerised Original 50E

Parkerised Original 50E

Hi

I have just bought a very nice Original 50E (1962). The action is parkerised. This appears to be the original (sorry) finish. it has the slim walnut stock and silver trigger. Does anyone know if Dianawerk used parkerising on their guns in the early sixties?
    Last edited by Trigger Mortis; 09-04-2010 at 12:41 PM.

John Walter describes the Model 30 (bolt action, ball firing repeater, "intended for shooting galleries") as having a grey phosphate finish - that's the same isn't it? Not sure on the production dates of this though.

Iain

Finish

Hi Mate,
    Looks to me the rifle has been refinished recently, the stock, and the blacking on the rifle, The screw on the trigger guard looks like it has a paint chip on it, like it has been painted, Cheers Tim.

I have just had it apart and the finish is uniform even on the cocking lever etc. It seems really rock hard and does seem to be a parkerised or a similar durable finish. Seems an odd thing to do if this was done recently. Even so was a good buy for £120.

I seem to recall Parkerized Originals being offered for sale in this country. 1980's ??? I dont think they proved very popular.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I am sure that RWS brought out a parkerised 50T01 at some stage- I think I recall an AG article on it. Not sure how it was received with the Diana version being sold at the same time as it. From memory it didnt have the the safety mechanism of the Diana version.

Interesting rifle

Dave

I have a very similar early Original 50E, it has the same cylinder engraving and rearsight, but the foresight is different. Mine is blued and the stock has the original gloss varnish. http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/PICT2806.jpg
    Last edited by Prewar; 28-03-2010 at 07:33 PM.

Hi

I'm sorry but i think it's a recent job too, if you look at pic3, the first part of Original looks worn more than the second part, also i would expect the whole of the word to be more crisp than it is considering the condition of the finish...

But for all that, it's a beautiful rifle (but then aren't all the 50's, even the type01 )

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Thanks for all the input. I am not sure what the blackened finish was (it should have been a blued finish) but i have refinished the action and the stock the best I can. Fires nicely at around 8.5fpe.

Here it is:

PIC ONE

PIC TWO

Originals dont you just love them

very nice looking rifle well done

One nice looking rifle, nice job.