Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22 Gat

.22 Gat

This might be judged as being in the wrong section but as I am asking a question as well as looking for a gun the Wanted section did not seem right.

I have a packet of 'Gat' darts in .22 calibre, has anyone ever seen a .22 Gat?

If anyone out there has one for sale please let me know.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Right section, happy to see this here, especially as that is quite an interesting conundrum. Note however, would a Gat be able to muster enough power to propel a .22 dart to the end of the barrel ???

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

One I know of.

Phoenix G60 was the .22 version of the .177 G50. ( 'modern' gats )
    Company was trading in Kent until the mid 90's I think, now defunct.

More to follow when I get home and check my records, although I firmly expect there will be other replies very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post
    This might be judged as being in the wrong section but as I am asking a question as well as looking for a gun the Wanted section did not seem right.

I have a packet of 'Gat' darts in .22 calibre, has anyone ever seen a .22 Gat?

If anyone out there has one for sale please let me know.

Hi Lodmoor,

Don't know anything about .22 gats... but I do remember buying some of them .22 darts from Haymans, on the quay in Weymouth, would have been around the mid 80's...my old Meteor wasn't fussy!
    blah blah

DCL Dave.

HEATHEN........

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    There never was a Harrington Gat in .22, and the Gat .22 darts were just part of the Harrington range of ammo' for other makers airguns. If you do find a .22 Harrington Gat the it is either an incredible rarity or a fake!

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    There never was a Harrington Gat in .22, and the Gat .22 darts were just part of the Harrington range of ammo' for other makers airguns. If you do find a .22 Harrington Gat the it is either an incredible rarity or a fake!
    Thought so...

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    HEATHEN........
    Ha!...d'ya see!...I was encouraged to do it by those sneaky folk at Harrington!...
    blah blah

Yea yea..a big boy told you to do it...

Right, now I am on a mission to find a .22 Gat (makes a change from Webleys) Also - DCL_dave - I think we should touch base as we are in the same town, even though you are into rifles and shoot darts through rifled barrels.

Staying on subject (almost) anyone remember those plastic tailed darts? I recently bought some .177 on fleabay but remember having .22 years ago. Point was (oooh no not a pun) you could use them in rifled guns without b*******g the rifling.

Anyone know anyone who has a .22 Gat pleeeeese let me know.
    lodmoor

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post
    Staying on subject (almost) anyone remember those plastic tailed darts? I recently bought some .177 on fleabay but remember having .22 years ago. Point was (oooh no not a pun) you could use them in rifled guns without b*******g the rifling.
    IIRC, they were called Ballistic Bolts and marketed by Sussex Armoury.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Further to my earlier response.......

The Phoenix .22 Gat is alive and well, and not that rare, more like 'difficult to find'.
    Right now, Henry Krank has one on offer should you be interested. Don't all rush now!

Phoenix arms were, at one time, the makers of the UK versions of the Hy-Score
    pistols as well.

Just to up the ante........there was supposedly a G70. This was the carbine version of the .177 G50. Now that I have not seen.

Oh, and talking of rare, i've just picked up a rather looooooong version of the standard Harrington Gat pistol. Surprisingly it's called a rifle, model J101, from 1988. Gun.De has some rather good info on them.
    There was one sold on here some time last year I think.

Carl.

A gat in .25 would be er.....interesting

could be an engineering task ahead

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post

A gat in .25 would be er.....interesting

could be an engineering task ahead.
    ... Nurse, nurse, the medication is wearing off ... More pills please, PRONTO!

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

now where was that post with that Harper .30 barrel up for grabs

Quote Originally Posted by le frelon View Post
    The Phoenix .22 Gat is alive and well, and not that rare, more like 'difficult to find'.
    Right now, Henry Krank has one on offer should you be interested. Don't all rush now!

Phoenix arms were, at one time, the makers of the UK versions of the Hy-Score
    pistols as well.

Just to up the ante........there was supposedly a G70. This was the carbine version of the .177 G50. Now that I have not seen.

Oh, and talking of rare, i've just picked up a rather looooooong version of the standard Harrington Gat pistol. Surprisingly it's called a rifle, model J101, from 1988. Gun.De has some rather good info on them.
    There was one sold on here some time last year I think.

Carl.
    When I was a kid I had a pop out rifle (smooth bore I think) bit like a large sized Diana Mod 2.
    lodmoor