Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .22 Gat

Harrington Gat

You complete and utter whatisnames. I now want a black Harrington Gat. when I was 11, me and two mates saved for weeks to buy 1 Gat to share between three, intention being to eventually buy three. On the appointed staurday morning we assembled early and wonders of wonders one said mates had found a fiver in the gutter I suspect to this day that his Dad lost that fiver. In high spirits we proceeded to Waterhouse & Conning in Woolston Southampton with the princley sum of about £6.10s from memory. Lurking about outside the shop in 1971 trying hard not to look like 3 eleven years old about to purchase airguns we apprehended a passing adult who took pity and went in and puchased 3 black Gats and 1500 .177 pellets and three bags of darts for us. God how much did they cost in old money back then?
    The memories are flooding back anyone got a boxed Harrington mint condition they want to sell...please ?
    ATB
    Rob
    BSA & Webley

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by gt550a View Post
    The memories are flooding back anyone got a boxed Harrington mint condition they want to sell...please ?
    Not advertised for sale yet, but may be worth watching for if this one comes up: http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443810 but do please remember the not to offer off a valuation thread ruling please. Hope this helps. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post
    ...Also - DCL_dave - I think we should touch base as we are in the same town,
    Great idea!...I shoot up at SDFTC most Sundays, you would be most welcome to come along as my guest

Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post
    even though you are into rifles and shoot darts through rifled barrels.
    Ahem!...smoothbores, these days! (just aswell really!)...the Meteor/steel dart incident was a one-off in my impetuous youth...
    blah blah