Thread: info required bsa mercury challenger

info required bsa mercury challenger

hi guys
    only recently returned to airguns, and the one i most wanted/remember from "last time around" was the bsa mercury challenger. i have found one in top condition for sale, and was after some ball park price, and "what to look for" info specific to type. any help/advice gratefully received, and any others for sale considered.
    many thanks, doz.

Gareth W-B is online now Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi doz, and welcome to the BBS -- in particular Collectors Corner (the best bit imo ). Regarding the Challenger, they are very sought after, and I would best guess one in vgc to command a price in excess of £200 (plus post) all day long. Hope this helps, and once again, welcome to this BBS (the regular covers will be along presently with their ball park best prices, too, I am sure ). Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 30-03-2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: house keeping.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

Bsa mercury challenger.

£200 TO £250 depending on condition.

Kind Regards,

"Black".

ps. If you dont, I would most greatfully appreciate details !

i paid £250 for a BSA MERCURY CHALLENGER in .25 about 2 years ago. it came with a period nikko 4x40 scope, and a period silencer. the condition is very good. almost perfect but the stock was scraped during transit.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Those rifles hardly ever come up for sale and are very well regarded as the best spring gun BSA ever made. Check that the barrel is straight (break the action but don't cock it and look through the bore, also check the stock has not been repaired at the hand. A bent barrel and a cracked pistol grip can both be caused by careless cocking etc. Otherwise the Mercury-type design is well tried and pretty bomb-proof.

Definitely buy it!