Thread: 75 or 45

75 or 45

what would you choose, hw 75 or 45?

Depends what you want to do with it.

HW75: Good quality, single stroke pneumatic target pistol. Low power but recoilless and easy to shoot accurately. Very expensive new.

Tbh, the HW40 does most of what the 75 can do for a fraction of the price.

HW45: Outwardly similar to the 75 but spring powered. More powerful, capable of excellent groups but more technique needed to shoot accurately.

I've had both. Both are good, but very different pistols.

Neither, get a BSA Scorpion! I got one yesterday and love it! I'm shooting tighter groups with it than with the Alecto and it's 20+ years old!!!

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    HW45, every time.
    Legal limit, brilliant 2 stage adjustable trigger & with the odd drop of oil just keeps on running, mine's over 20 years old, has had countless tins of pellets through it and still knocks out a steady 5.5ft/lbs.
    I've bought a Scorpion because I've fancied one since I was 8, but it's a different kinda thing, ideally you need both, all of the above & then some more
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Get a silver star, target grips duel power and looks great! Best of both there.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Depends what you want to do with it.

HW75: Good quality, single stroke pneumatic target pistol. Low power but recoilless and easy to shoot accurately. Very expensive new.

Tbh, the HW40 does most of what the 75 can do for a fraction of the price.

HW45: Outwardly similar to the 75 but spring powered. More powerful, capable of excellent groups but more technique needed to shoot accurately.

I've had both. Both are good, but very different pistols.
    I've got both. Get one then the other . Keep an eye out on here as HW75s are pricey new. They are a good bit better than the HW40 IMO.

The HW45 is fun to shoot and will definitely slacken your fillings

As above you need to own both really... nobody can be really, truly happy in themselves until they do. And a Steyr.

However much I love mine though, I would not buy an HW75 at the new price. I would get an HW40 at half that and put the rest toward my HW45 ...
    Or if serious paper punching was the aim I'd put the lot toward a proper 10M SSP like a FAS 604 or a FWB.

Older 45s are better built IMHO and usually make higher power. They also don't have the Tru-Glo sights which is fine by me as I don't like em.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius