Thread: Bsa airsporter - sn gn57465

Bsa airsporter - sn gn57465

Hi

I have aquired a BSA Airsporter, it needs some TLC and although i have top quality PCPs i am looking forward to using this once its had a new spring etc, in the meantime

The serial number is GN57465, from this can anyone tell me anything about it, age etc

Does anyone have the front and rear metal sights it would have come with as new as they are missing? (i will pay of course)

Does anyone know of anyone that could strip it down, replace the spring, washers etc and service it for me?

I live in Aylesbury, which is in buckinghamshire

Many thanks

Vince

Quote Originally Posted by mattrob1502 View Post
    Hi

I have aquired a BSA Airsporter, it needs some TLC and although i have top quality PCPs i am looking forward to using this once its had a new spring etc, in the meantime

The serial number is GN57465, from this can anyone tell me anything about it, age etc

1. GN prefix - Airsporter Mk VII 1983-86.

Does anyone have the front and rear metal sights it would have come with as new as they are missing? (i will pay of course)

2. I dont think this model came with metal open sights. They were reserved for the 'S' variants. Perhaps a 'WANTED' advert on here?

Does anyone know of anyone that could strip it down, replace the spring, washers etc and service it for me?

3 I'm sure someone will be along with an offer soon.

I live in Aylesbury, which is in buckinghamshire

Many thanks

Vince
    Hope that helps.
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks Ian. appreciated

Hi Ian

Thanks for the information, very helpful and appreciated

Vince

Sights

I think by that model the Airsporter was fitted with the standard plastic BSA rear sight as used on the Meteor. Front sight also probably the Meteor plastic job. Certainly the case with the Mark 6. Even these are hard to come by at the moment. John Knibbs may have them...at a price.

Mike95