Thread: YUKON 100MIL Spotting Scope .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

YUKON 100MIL Spotting Scope .

A few years back i bought a Yukon 20+50 by 50 spotting scope . for use with my air rifle to help zeroing . plus some bird spotting ( not the feathered type ) and to use on my hols . £ 75 at the time . it was robust . easy to carry and on the lower mags quite good . but once you got up to 50 mag . noway , to dark . so i bought a swift 10 to 60 spotting scope off e-bay . came with a tripod and carry case . £ 65 . yes much better . but still on the top mags too dark . so i was looking through the list of spotting scopes again last week and came across the yukon 100 mil . bit of a strange looking bird altogether .it has two lenses . one on top of the other the smaller one goes from 6 to 25 mag . the main lenses goes from 25 to 100 mag . now they reckon you need a mil of lense for every 1 mag . so this would seem about right . but obviously for the £ 240 that amazon are asking you are not gonna get a S&B . but the way i saw it , was with a 100 mil lense if i use it on 50 mag , it should be all right . ? so i sent my order off and received it yesterday . had a play with it last night and it seemed quite good . on the 6 to 25 mag . tried it out again to day ( no tripod yet . handheld . well rested on the back door .there is a block of flat's about a thousand yards away . a big high rise . through all the others i have had i could make out windows and the ariels on top . but not detail . first on the 25 mag . oh yes this was much better . i could easily make out some real detail . use the switch on the side to turn the big lense on and BLOOMING hell . it was like i was inside the room . that was on 50 mag . i reckon if it works on 100 . i should be having breakfast with em . did not go any further cos it would be like being a peeping tom . turned it over to the smaller lense and on 25 mag i could make out the very small flower patterns inside the flowers petals at 50 yards ( approx ) for the money i really don't think you can beat it . comes with a carry case . is quite light . but bulky . and a sun shade . will let you know how it goes at the club tomorrow . scimtar .
    Last edited by scimitar; 02-04-2010 at 04:20 PM.