Thread: A New Find.

A New Find.

Bought this the other day on our local Auction.

Grant N.Z.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    You lucky bar steward. I've never seen the packaging for a mark 1. I have the rifle with both barrels and it's in good nick; or at least I thought it was 'til I saw that.
    Good score.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Thanks Harry.

I was feeling rather Happy with My purchase.

Grant.

edbear2 Guest
    Hi There.........nice find!......you Kiwi's certainly seem to have some nice old English stuff over there (there are a couple of other guys from New Zealand on here who seem to uncover some great stuff..especially on Trade-Me).....I suppose a lot of it came over with ex-pats, or is airgunning as popular there as it is in the UK?

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

blimey!!

hope this isnt to nosey but was it expensive? id have fainted had i come across this;if you tell me it was bought for a song [so to speak] i will have to get the smelling salts out.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

The Antipodes.

Has always had a Good supply of British and European Airguns. The Hawk was Won on Auction for $NZ395, so if you divide that by about 3, the price was pretty reasonable IMO?? Funny thing was that it was offered for 3 weeks in a row. I couldnt afford it the first 2 times, but by the 3rd offering I was ready to Swoop,

Grant.

Hi Grant,

Fabulous find!

We rarely see Webley hawks in as good a condition as yours and getting the box as well must be the 'icing on the cake'

IMHO the Webley Hawk Mk1 has one of the most iconic stock shapes of any airgun.

Thanks for posting the pictures

Lakey

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Hi Grant,

Fabulous find!

We rarely see Webley hawks in as good a condition as yours and getting the box as well must be the 'icing on the cake'

IMHO the Webley Hawk Mk1 has one of the most iconic stock shapes of any airgun.

Thanks for posting the pictures

Lakey

Hi Lakey

My early Hawk MK2 which I've had from new has the same stock as the MK1.

At one time, many years ago I had two factory boxes for the gun, unfortunately my Mum decided to have a little fire one day.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Hi There.........nice find!......you Kiwi's certainly seem to have some nice old English stuff over there (there are a couple of other guys from New Zealand on here who seem to uncover some great stuff..especially on Trade-Me).....I suppose a lot of it came over with ex-pats, or is airgunning as popular there as it is in the UK?
    Hi Eddie
    Some came over with ex-pats but NZ was one of the major buyers of early BSA's etc, and right up to the Falke line in the 1950's. A NZ Trade Exhibition even gave a major award for the BSA IMD range when they first appeared here - around 1912 - at a time when - "all NZ boys of 12 years and over are compelled to learn to shoot"!

now that is a find well done mate

What is it like to live in a free country ?????.

However good hunting looking for more, it is addictive.

Regards

Inproved