Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fitting An Optical Sight To A Webley Alecto.

That's an interesting ideas, however, the silenser would foul on the casing when the cocking arm was fully extended. I don't think a silencer is an option on the Alecto.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Moderators can be fitted to guns where they would foul the cocking mechanism, you just need to be willing to remove & refit to cock & shoot, an adapter on the gun with a separate section screwed into the mod with a bayonet fitting between the two would make this practical,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Bob. is offline I think I'll keep with "Registered User" then
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton23 View Post
    That's an interesting ideas, however, the silenser would foul on the casing when the cocking arm was fully extended. I don't think a silencer is an option on the Alecto.
    If the adaptor cleared the end of the gun by about half an inch before the silencer started, then it would be possible. I'd have to remove my green-dot laser from underneath, though.

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1 View Post
    If I look very closely at the end of the barrel, it appears that the actual rifled part doesn't go right to the end of the gun. It looks to me like there is a steel tube about half an inch long at the end of the barrel. What are the chances of replacing this steel tube with an extended one, machined to take a silencer.
    I have an exploded drawing that suggests this also, but my ability to attach images appears to have been withdrawn.

With a silencer added, I could start plinking in the garden again

Bob.
    Just looked at mine last night. It seems that the barrel is one piece, but the rifling stops half an inch or so short of the muzzle end. The rest appears to be (fairly roughly) machined out to a very slightly larger diameter. No idea what purpose this serves.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    Pictures please!

Cheers.

Roy.
    Sorry Mate I am of the old school,

Have'nt a clue how to post piccies on here

Basics are take out front screw fasten in your drill chuck, use Mill Bast*rd File (Sorry Mods) to remove the middle or half inch of screw threads,

Take out rear bolt, screw in front bolt one turn, fit to gun lightly tighten,

fit rear bolt tighten both till fully gripping,

Cheers Bernard.

Hi Bernard

If you like you can email pics to the address in my profile, I can host them and post links.

Very interested as I have a holo sight I want to mount to my new Alecto. I have tried it out just using the rear screw and it works but I don't think it's secure enough.

What's a Mill Bast*rd file (sic) file? How much thickness did you remove?

Cheers

Adam
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Adam, I'm not sure what sight you have bought but I managed to fit mine without any machining or alterations to either the gun, sight or front set screw.

I found that by loosely fitting the front (lower) securing set screw provided with the sight, then fitting the rear screw (which is high enough to completely clear the alecto's rail) both screws could then be tightened more than adequately to secure the sight to the alecto. When fitted, it is true that the front of the sight sits very slightly higher than the rear but this can easily be dialled out when zeroing the sight.

hope this helps
    Bob
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

There must be a neat way of cutting it with a hot wire in a jig or something

Bob.
    No need to cut it at all Bob. the top layer of foam (with all the cut-outs) is a completely separate and is merely stuck to the bottom layer (which is flat) with double sided tape. To fit My Alecto complete with holographic sight into its original case, I simply carefully separated parts of the top layer from the bottom and pressed it back donwn in a way that allowed the whole gun/sight combo to fit. It's true that by doing this I lost the ability to fit a tin of pellets in the case but that didn't bother me. When and IF I ever sell my Alecto, the case can be put back to its original config with no damage.

So with my way of fitting the holographic sight and rearranging the foam, my Alecto and case can be returned to original with no trouble at all.
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Quote Originally Posted by rattycatcher View Post
    No need to cut it at all Bob. the top layer of foam (with all the cut-outs) is a completely separate and is merely stuck to the bottom layer (which is flat) with double sided tape. To fit My Alecto complete with holographic sight into its original case, I simply carefully separated parts of the top layer from the bottom and pressed it back donwn in a way that allowed the whole gun/sight combo to fit. It's true that by doing this I lost the ability to fit a tin of pellets in the case but that didn't bother me. When and IF I ever sell my Alecto, the case can be put back to its original config with no damage.

So with my way of fitting the holographic sight and rearranging the foam, my Alecto and case can be returned to original with no trouble at all.
    It would be very nice to have an Alecto or a case to put it in

Bob.

It would be very nice to have an Alecto or a case to put it in

Bob.
    Haven't you got it back yet Bob? sorry to hear that mate.

No, it'll be 3 weeks this weekend, so fingers crossed it'll be sorted by then.

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by rattycatcher View Post
    Adam, I'm not sure what sight you have bought but I managed to fit mine without any machining or alterations to either the gun, sight or front set screw.

I found that by loosely fitting the front (lower) securing set screw provided with the sight, then fitting the rear screw (which is high enough to completely clear the alecto's rail) both screws could then be tightened more than adequately to secure the sight to the alecto. When fitted, it is true that the front of the sight sits very slightly higher than the rear but this can easily be dialled out when zeroing the sight.

hope this helps
    Bob
    Hi Bob

It's a Barska branded sight which I've had a couple of years. It's a copy of the Hakko Panorama, and looks identical to all the JSB and fee-bay clones. Should be a little higher quality given the price but I've not handled one of the JSB sights. To be honest just using the rear screw might be secure enough and I prefer that to having the sight pointing upwards, but best of all will be a solution to have it clamped properly without modifying the pistol. God knows why they didn't mould a proper weaver or picatinny rail into the top strap.

Adam
    Last edited by Adam77K; 08-06-2010 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton23 View Post
    That's an interesting idea, however, the silencer would foul on the casing when the cocking arm was fully extended. I don't think a silencer is an option on the Alecto.
    Hmmm... Check out this from Youtube. Looks like it works.

Or you could just be very silly!

See also these stills from the manufacturer.

It's not clear how the moderator in the first video has been fitted, but I suspect it would be possible to open up the end of the polymer top cover with a Dremel to accommodate an adapter and then just fit a suitably slim muzzle-mounted moderator.
    Last edited by Mr. Gain; 13-07-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Hi All

I bought the JSR red dot of the Bay, no need for drilling, filing or cutting. As said, it does sit a little higher at the front (and I mean a little), but it is on solid and at £27 delivered you cant go wong. The red dot IS a dot unlike others i've seen and very bright even on the lowest setting. Nice one JSR this is a little gem..

Picture

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/t...g/DSCN1276.jpg

Cheers all
    Andy

P.S - I love this pistol BUT....I would still rather shoot my Gamo Compact
    Last edited by thesmokindog; 13-07-2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: edited

Quote Originally Posted by thesmokindog View Post
    Hi All

I bought the JSR red dot of the Bay, no need for drilling, filing or cutting. As said, it does sit a little higher at the front (and I mean a little), but it is on solid and at £27 delivered you cant go wong. The red dot IS a dot unlike others i've seen and very bright even on the lowest setting. Nice one JSR this is a little gem..

Picture

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/t...g/DSCN1276.jpg

Cheers all
    Andy

P.S - I love this pistol BUT....I would still rather shoot my Gamo Compact
    Which JSR red dot is that, the weaver rail one?

PaulC