Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitting An Optical Sight To A Webley Alecto.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fitting An Optical Sight To A Webley Alecto.

My old eyes can't see iron sights any more. so an optical sight was needed on my Webley Alecto.

The problem is that although the top rail of the pistol is Weaver size, there are no cross slots to accommodate the securing screws, so it doesn't sit flat.

Initially I made sure that there was enough thickness of material in the barrel housing and I filed a slot in the position I wanted. This cleared the screw, but didn't look very good. O.K, I am the only one who will ever see it, but I wanted it better.

I removed the barrel housing and then milled slots the same as on the underside of the pistol, 5 mm wide by 1.2 mm deep and with a pitch of 10 mm.

The barrel housing is a composite material that is self coloured all the way through, so there is no nasty stuff showing where it has been machined.

Re-fitted the barrel housing, fitted the red dot and then did a five shot string at 21 foot.

Quite happy with the results.......

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

Thanks for posting that. Ive been lurking for a while and have been considering an alecto, but the question of mounting some kind of optical scope had always puzzled me. Your pics help explain how. From videos Ive seen on one pump its quite quiet in operation but is it posible to fit a silencer on an Alecto?

Thanks for the post and pics Neil.

I had a quick go of an Electo at the club on Thursday.

It looks like a Desert Eagle/House Brick ... but it is a nice pistol with GREAT open sights.

How is the balance of your pistol with the sight so close to the muzzle?

Cheers
    Ian
    http://www.dukinfieldagc.org.uk/
    Dukinfield Air Gun Club
    Stockfield Mill, Chadderton, OL9 9EW

No cutting necessary, check out my post on this thread!

http://www.airgun-tec.com/index.php/topic,807.45.html

Quote Originally Posted by tayloriand View Post
    Thanks for the post and pics Neil.

I had a quick go of an Electo at the club on Thursday.

It looks like a Desert Eagle/House Brick ... but it is a nice pistol with GREAT open sights.

How is the balance of your pistol with the sight so close to the muzzle?

Cheers
    Ian
    The red dot I used is very light and I didn't notice any difference.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

Quote Originally Posted by andywacker View Post
    Thanks for posting that. Ive been lurking for a while and have been considering an alecto, but the question of mounting some kind of optical scope had always puzzled me. Your pics help explain how. From videos Ive seen on one pump its quite quiet in operation but is it posible to fit a silencer on an Alecto?
    Just had a look and I don't think there is mate.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by u.k.neil View Post
    Just had a look and I don't think there is mate.

Neil
    Thanks for that. How many pumps did you use for your test grouping at 21ft?

Thanks for that. How many pumps did you use for your test grouping at 21ft?
    Two pumps mate.

Neil

How does using three pumps affect your grouping at that sort of distance?

Bob. is offline I think I'll keep with "Registered User" then
    From videos Ive seen on one pump its quite quiet in operation but is it posible to fit a silencer on an Alecto?
    If I look very closely at the end of the barrel, it appears that the actual rifled part doesn't go right to the end of the gun. It looks to me like there is a steel tube about half an inch long at the end of the barrel. What are the chances of replacing this steel tube with an extended one, machined to take a silencer.
    I have an exploded drawing that suggests this also, but my ability to attach images appears to have been withdrawn.

With a silencer added, I could start plinking in the garden again

Bob.

That's an interesting ideas, however, the silenser would foul on the casing when the cocking arm was fully extended. I don't think a silencer is an option on the Alecto.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Moderators can be fitted to guns where they would foul the cocking mechanism, you just need to be willing to remove & refit to cock & shoot, an adapter on the gun with a separate section screwed into the mod with a bayonet fitting between the two would make this practical,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Bob. is offline I think I'll keep with "Registered User" then
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton23 View Post
    That's an interesting ideas, however, the silenser would foul on the casing when the cocking arm was fully extended. I don't think a silencer is an option on the Alecto.
    If the adaptor cleared the end of the gun by about half an inch before the silencer started, then it would be possible. I'd have to remove my green-dot laser from underneath, though.

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton23 View Post
    That's an interesting idea, however, the silencer would foul on the casing when the cocking arm was fully extended. I don't think a silencer is an option on the Alecto.
    Hmmm... Check out this from Youtube. Looks like it works.

Or you could just be very silly!

See also these stills from the manufacturer.

It's not clear how the moderator in the first video has been fitted, but I suspect it would be possible to open up the end of the polymer top cover with a Dremel to accommodate an adapter and then just fit a suitably slim muzzle-mounted moderator.
    Last edited by Mr. Gain; 13-07-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Hi All

I bought the JSR red dot of the Bay, no need for drilling, filing or cutting. As said, it does sit a little higher at the front (and I mean a little), but it is on solid and at £27 delivered you cant go wong. The red dot IS a dot unlike others i've seen and very bright even on the lowest setting. Nice one JSR this is a little gem..

Picture

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/t...g/DSCN1276.jpg

Cheers all
    Andy

P.S - I love this pistol BUT....I would still rather shoot my Gamo Compact
    Last edited by thesmokindog; 13-07-2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: edited