Thread: Looking for a club in the stroud area

Looking for a club in the stroud area

Hi can anyone give me help with the advice for clubs in the stroud area

What type of target club? .22, centrefire, 10m air, FT?

For NSRA type disciplines, you've got:
    - Glevum Target Shooting Club and Down Hatherley Rifle Club north of you
    - Tetbury RC south of you
    - Chepstow; Ross-on-Wye and Severnside to the west of you
    - a nub of clubs clustered around Bristol.

NSRA Club Finder
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

I live is Stroud, and had a look around for a shooting club. Glevum as mentioned above is very close, but didn't offer the kind of shooting that I wanted to take part in, so I joined two - Worcester Norton Shooting club is only 25 minutes up the M5, and is open whenever you want it to be - 9am until 9pm every day except Christmas day. They have 4 ranges - 2*25 metre, 1*50 metre and a 20(ish - not sure yet) newly extended airgun range. There are comps for everything from mini-rifle and practical shotgun type action shooting, to sporting rifle and 'presidents cup' type serious shooting, to black powder pistol and rifle and under-lever type fun shooting.

I also belong to Dursley Rifle and Pistol Club, who shoot down at the Severnside range once per month - for longer distance shooting.

There is a tiny little .22RF target rifle club in Leonard Stanley, but they are so incredibly 'clicky' and the atmosphere so unpleasant, that unless you want to do the full leather jacketed TR type shooting, and only shoot 10 rounds in a night, they really aren't interested.

Thumbs up

I will vouch for Glevum, friendly bunch of chaps and enough activities for every day of the week. Indoor/outdoor ranges and lounge/kitchen area.