Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Jackal website

The Jackal website

Evening all

I have finally got around to putting a website together for the Sussex Armoury Jackals, please have a look, feedback welcome - be gentle it's my first attempt!

www.jackals-lair.com

Mike

Nice work Mike..great to see anyone who is passionate enough to comit their time/money to their hobby..especially if it's airguns..good man.

Well done Mike.

Hope it grows and eventually becomes the font of all (Jackal) knowledge.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by verybigmike View Post
    Evening all

I have finally got around to putting a website together for the Sussex Armoury Jackals, please have a look, feedback welcome - be gentle it's my first attempt!

www.jackals-lair.com

Mike
    Mike! You need mod permission before posting a link to another air gun based web site on here ... Okay, permission granted . Ha ha and good luck with it. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Fair play to you Mike.

Nice Website.

I was going to get a website up & running a few year ago. Just never got round to it.

I'll send you a list of the Jackals that I've got for your data soon enough.

The JK47 is indeed a rare one & when I was younger I to saw that advert & wanted one of them & still do.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Mike

Well done mate....Have sent you by email copies of 1980 article if you can get permission to include them.

Harvey

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Good one!

I have the JK47 as you know Paddy - I am after the wood stocked SLR as well, the truth is out there

Excellent work Mike.

And a fantastic little trip down memory lane.

Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by olivercromwell View Post
    I have the JK47 as you know Paddy - I am after the wood stocked SLR as well, the truth is out there
    Yes I know that Pat.

But I'm still waiting for me to win the lottery, before I make you a sensible offer .

Oh yes the wood stock SLR version would be cool.

However with that one I have quite a few components that I could replicate one myself. Wood Butts, wood hand guards, flash hider, carry handle, Magazines.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

A thought Mike. Will this site also cater for the slightly later (and vastly superior build quality) Air Arms variants of the Jackal, too ??? Reason I ask, is that I have an almost pristine Air Arms Combat (S.A. version was the AR-7 I believe), that I'd like to see included at some point please, but it'd be your call. On the subject of the AA Combat, are they a particularly rare model (as well as a particularly loud one ), as several folk who know I own an AA Combat, keep asking me if I would sell/swap it with them ??? Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    A thought Mike. Will this site also cater for the slightly later (and vastly superior build quality) Air Arms variants of the Jackal, too ??? Reason I ask, is that I have an almost pristine Air Arms Combat (S.A. version was the AR-7 I believe), that I'd like to see included at some point please, but it'd be your call. On the subject of the AA Combat, are they a particularly rare model (as well as a particularly loud one ), as several folk who know I own an AA Combat, keep asking me if I would sell/swap it with them ??? Atb: G.
    Yep the AA Combat is a quite rare one.

It took me 18yrs to find one.

By the the means of walking past someone at a gun club. Then me walking straight to him & done the deal. So in other words it found me

As for the loudness, it is isn't it & has a slightly more kick aswell. But beautiful to shoot indeed

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Cheers Paddy, thought so, and mine is staying put as you know (as are the ear muffs ), but it is always nice to have an item's rarity confirmed by an oracle such as yourself . Atb: G.

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Yes I know that Pat.

But I'm still waiting for me to win the lottery, before I make you a sensible offer .

Oh yes the wood stock SLR version would be cool.

However with that one I have quite a few components that I could replicate one myself. Wood Butts, wood hand guards, flash hider, carry handle, Magazines.
    hmm... Bren gun thoughts.