Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Jackal website

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Cheers Paddy, thought so, and mine is staying put as you know (as are the ear muffs ), but it is always nice to have an item's rarity confirmed by an oracle such as yourself . Atb: G.
    Cheers Gareth.

yep I'd keep it if I was you, you'll never get tired of it & only regret it if you do

I just missed out on one last week

Quote Originally Posted by olivercromwell View Post
    hmm... Bren gun thoughts.
    Pat

I have a Bren Gun (de-ac of course)

Don't get my thinking of doing one of them as well
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    It took me 18yrs to find one.
    Uh ??? Missed the potency of this comment first time round. Stone me, if an avid Jackal variant collector like you had to wait that long, and as imo the Combat is the best of the batch, mine is defo staying with me for the long haul . Thanks again Pad. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Or you could just ..

....get a hacksaw and cut the barrel down on any straight Jackal for a custom special with some of Paddy's cammo paint trickery added for effect . Well okay I jest ...
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Arch.Stanton? View Post
    ....get a hacksaw and cut the barrel down on any straight Jackal for a custom special with some of Paddy's cammo paint trickery added for effect . Well okay I jest ...
    You Mean something like >>THIS<<

However it isn't original & that is what matters . Especially in this corner of the forum
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Smile Jackal Website

Fair play on the website Mike - I take it that you won't be slowing down any time soon in pursuit of even more Jackals for your collection !
    all the best mate - andy

Absolutely superb website Mike. i have sent you some photos, articles and adverts to your email address incase they are of any interest or use to you.
    atvb
    Dave

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Yep the AA Combat is a quite rare one.

It took me 18yrs to find one.

By the the means of walking past someone at a gun club. Then me walking straight to him & done the deal. So in other words it found me
    Similar story for me... 20 years +, given up looking really.
    Then one day shopping, left my wife getting a cup of tea so I could look in a local gun shop - just walked in and there it was ...one luvverly AR7 complete with singlepoint sight and original mount.
    No hesitation, wallet out and a wife who thought I was having a mid-life crisis

Judging by the amount of offers I've had for it - I ain't the only one who was looking...

well done mate loved looking on that iremember looking at the tubes of pellets under the shop counter and slavering lol where are the plastic tubs of jackal jets and jackal tri jets and i may be wrong does anyone remember the jackal bolts pack of ten plastic shafts with brass tip we would love anything like that in the early 80s how times have changed now everything is far more accurate but not half as much fun oh i miss those days

Quote Originally Posted by max29aug View Post
    well done mate loved looking on that iremember looking at the tubes of pellets under the shop counter and slavering lol where are the plastic tubs of jackal jets and jackal tri jets and i may be wrong does anyone remember the jackal bolts pack of ten plastic shafts with brass tip we would love anything like that in the early 80s how times have changed now everything is far more accurate but not half as much fun oh i miss those days
    LOL - I am in the States at the moment and sort of rushed the site out before I went.

The Jackal Balistic Bolts will be added when I get back as well as the tins of Jackal Jets.

I will also get around to adding my AA Combats and some more on the Hi-Powers when I get a mo.

Thanks for all the kind words here and on email - much appreciated!

Gareth - the AA Combats are rare but there are out there, I have picked up a Combat, 4 Hi-Powers a Khamsin, an SE90 and 2 Parabellums already this year and I'm still married!!

Thanks again guys

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by olivercromwell View Post
    I have the JK47 as you know Paddy - I am after the wood stocked SLR as well, the truth is out there
    Would you post some pics?

Regards, Dr.K.
    Wanted: SA Jackal AR7 Hunter or AA Combat - "Flash Hider" of AR7 Hunter/Combat
    Wanted: SA/AA/Phoenix Firepower in AK-style "JK47"

every credit your website is now sitting on my favourites bar!

Shameless Bank Holiday Bump!

Ladies & Gents

I've added quite a bit to the site since launch and am now looking for details / photos of your Jackals / AA variants to catalogue and display.

I have details of over 50 now but given the near 50,000 produced, am still lacking significantly

Any help much appreciated.

Mike

www.jackals-lair.com

Hi Mike,

here is an old Sussex Armory Advert from the guns review. Thought you might be able to use it for your new website.

All the best

Lakey

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/h...t/P1090442.jpg

Great job on the Site (bookmarked)

I recently sold my minty hi-power to a chap who had one years ago and was very happy to finally get another one.

I have a scruffy but working example of the singlepoint sight knocking around in my shooting box if anybody is interested? I offered it to the chap who had the gun, but he wasn't bothered.

ATB
    Phil

hi

well done ...great work loved these type of sites

i loved the fact that the singlepoint sight got mentioned to

i live in manchester and wondered in to the sussex armoury near every week

with eyes drooling ...... they also had a training rifle in the shop

never seen one since like an army bolt action thing ....

i was about the same time i had my m1 carbine and had to buy steel bbs by the thousand

i wonder if anyone has a photo of the shop still????