Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Jackal website

Well done!

Cool, good for you, I have just registered my Hi Power, well done!!
    Talking of which, it erm needs a little help, it appears seized cocked(previous owner I hasten to add) I have the stripping plans and have done everything but the rear plug pin is not moving for anything, it laughs at wd40 and appears to be staying put, help!! Maybe some heat?

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    I've texted a chap I work with the website address as he used to work at Sussex Armoury. Who knows I might be able to torture him for more information the old days. We occasionally get his old Sussex Armoury work mates popping into the shop for a natter.

By the way, down in East Sussex it does feel like 'six degrees of separation' with a link back to Sussex Armoury for the gun shops (Stringtown Supplies, Battle Orders, etc.).
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    I've texted a chap I work with the website address as he used to work at Sussex Armoury. Who knows I might be able to torture him for more information the old days. We occasionally get his old Sussex Armoury work mates popping into the shop for a natter.
    Thanks for that, any information will be gratefully received and I cant think of any better sources than ex-SA employees. I owe a lot of what I have published to them

Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    By the way, down in East Sussex it does feel like 'six degrees of separation' with a link back to Sussex Armoury for the gun shops (Stringtown Supplies, Battle Orders, etc.).
    I can imagine! I have definate links from SA to centrepoint, battle orders, pheonix arms, stringtown, relics....the list goes on

anyone out there who has a jackal or air arms version, please pop by and register it, the serial number list is growing well, nice to see so many of them live on

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by verybigmike View Post
    Evening all

I have finally got around to putting a website together for the Sussex Armoury Jackals, please have a look, feedback welcome - be gentle it's my first attempt!

www.jackals-lair.com

Mike
    Hi,
    I have tried to get contact with Mike via his homepage but I do not get any response. And he´s last post in thos Forum is about 9 months ago. Does someboy knows the reason or has an other email-adress?
    Regards, Dr.König
    Wanted: SA Jackal AR7 Hunter or AA Combat - "Flash Hider" of AR7 Hunter/Combat
    Wanted: SA/AA/Phoenix Firepower in AK-style "JK47"

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by verybigmike View Post
    Evening all

I have finally got around to putting a website together for the Sussex Armoury Jackals, please have a look, feedback welcome - be gentle it's my first attempt!

www.jackals-lair.com

Mike
    I have already added my details to your site Mike, very infornative and interesting, well done mate, maybe you could add a dedicated forum of some description to it for us SA/AA side lever fans.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Interesting website.

I took a look throught the pellets section and you might be interested in these comments;

The orange tin with the ‘Jackal Jets’ paper label, is almost certainly a rebadged ‘Jap Jap Match’ tin. I suspect that under the paper label it will say ‘Jap Jap Match’

‘Jap Jap Match’ are made by Effebi in Italy. http://www.effebisrl.eu/pellets.asp
    I have correspondence at home from that company that indicates that Effibi purchased the 1960’s pellet making machinery from a Japanese company. The description of the pellet making process and the timing of the purchase of the machinery indicate that this machinery had belonged to Hasuike Seisakosho, this was the Japanese company that manufactured ‘Lion’, ‘Mount Star’, ‘Diabolo’, ‘Silver Jet’, ‘Jet’ and ‘Jet Type’, and supplied rebadged for Beeman the original ‘Beeman Laser’, the original ‘Beeman Silver Ace’, and the ‘Beeman Silver Jet’.

I don’t recall the year that Effebi purchased the machinery and I would have to check my records, but I’m not aware that Hasuike ever used those type of tins as packaging, and they would be very unlikely to have ever called something ‘Jap’, as that is a derogatory term to the Japanese, so these are almost certainly from Effebi. Effebi continue to state ‘For rifle shooting organization’ on their tins, which is a loose referral to the Japan NRA approval that was held by Hasuike and some other Japanese pellets. There are two different graphics variants on the ‘Jap Jap Match’ tins that I’m aware of, a single ring and a multi ring pointed pellet.

If I dig out the purchase date of the machinery, it might help identify which company sold those Jackal Jets, or if someone has reused an empty ‘Jap Jap Match’ tin and relabelled it themselves.

As a side comment, the Effebi made pellets are not to the same quality as the Hasuike production, but even worse, the ‘Jet Type’ currently available in white plastic tubs in Japan are really bad. They no longer have JNRA approval. I’ve not yet been able to identify who makes them now, Effebi say it’s not them, and Hasuike are no longer in existence.
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

I just love these Jackal rifles .

So unique and cool to handle.