Thread: Beeman 2004

Beeman 2004

Was having a browse through a magazine the other day(might have been a website actually), and seen the beeman 2004 for the princely sum of 70 quid. The add quoted german build quality or something along those lines, and it looks very similar to a HW40.

Are these rebranded HW40's, if so 70 quid seems a decent price, or are they a cheap copy

Regards
    Sonny

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by s1255 View Post
    Was having a browse through a magazine the other day(might have been a website actually), and seen the beeman 2004 for the princely sum of 70 quid. The add quoted german build quality or something along those lines, and it looks very similar to a HW40.

Are these rebranded HW40's, if so 70 quid seems a decent price, or are they a cheap copy

Regards
    Sonny
    They are a cheap copy, but i have owned both & for me they both shoot the same indeed all parts are interchangeable. i have been fortunate to win comps with a Beeman if however you are put off by made in china go for the dearer Hw40 which also has many parts made round the world, atb...mike...

rebranded

Sorry I can't help but i am interested in any replies as I wondered this myself as a friend of mine has a beeman P38 which is also similar if not identical.

Regards
    Sonny
    Just try finding somewhere that has stock In have been looking for one since before Christmas
    I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labottomy

Exclamation Beeman

Quote Originally Posted by rubberhubby View Post
    Just try finding somewhere that has stock In have been looking for one since before Christmas
    @ this moment theirs a used 1 @ the top of page 3 in the sales section...mike...

they are a cheap copy but not in the uk as in the US they sell for about £25

also ther a bit of a lottery as alot leak.

beeman orignaly sold a rebadged HW40, before swaping to the copys.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I believe they are made in China.

Not to be confused with the Beeman P3, which IS the HW 40 under a different brand name. Both of these are made in Germany.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Chewy is offline Can't believe i missed this last night...
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberhubby View Post
    I had one up for sale a week or two ago for £45 posted, just had all the seals changed. I got NO interest at all... My brother has it now.

Anyway, i wouldn't call these a copy as they're made under license from Weihrauch, just in China. Leaks can be a problem, but it's usually just a burr on the inside of the air inlet hole on the cylinder and easily fixed in a few minutes with a dremel.
    Weihrauch HW99S .177 - Pardini P10 - Crosman 2240 - Beeman P17 .177 - Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm .177 - Umarex Beretta 92FS .177

Talking 2004e

Regards
    Sonny
    You should always buy 1 if you think its crap & your a bad shot
    then you've got a ready made excuse for your shooting..mike..

I had 1, i think they are of very good quality, and shoot well with a nice trigger. i paid 40 from SMK as they had a few that were seconds. Sold it a while back, but would buy it again. Dont really know what the hw40 is like, but this was good enough for me.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

Thats intresting to know, its made under license from weihrauch(only made in china), seems the way of the world, and to be fair I'have no problems with that - Used to have a CCM motorcycle with a Suzuki engine in it, a MZ bike with a Yamaha engine in it, a Triumph Bonnieville(Hinkley not meriden!) where part and some assembly was done in Thailand and my current Honda was made in Italy!

As long as the price reflects the quality(which might not affect performance, but then again it might!) then I'm all for these type's of business arrangements, more choice can never be a bad thing in my books,

Sonny

Regards
    Sonny
    hello
    yes the beeman 2004 is a cheap copy built in china looks like the hw 40 but not the same quality at all if i was you i would spend the extra cash and go for the hw40 only

I have a beeman 2004 and its great! They regularly come up for sale in the sales section for around £40ish which is a bargain in my book. For that money you wont be disappointed.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I have a 2004E and it's a peach!
    Never had any problem with it at all,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

BigEars Guest
    I had one which I gave to another club member when I bought an HW75. It was a nice enough gun for the price, but it snaps shut like the till on "Open all Hours".