Thread: You must read this if you hunt at night or like gadgets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    guys, don't forget high power laser is very bad for your eyes!

I was playing with a 100mw red laser the other day for about 10 minute. I wasn't stupid to look staight into the beam.
    However the light bounced back by the wall still made me feeling that I wanted to vomit. Also my eyes felt so dry that I could bearly watch TV that night.

A PROPER UNBIASED review of the ND3 with beamshots.

Here.

Beam instabilities on startup and exceedingly overpriced but does what it says on the tin. Bear in mind the reviewer did not use it in a hunting situation so no conclusion can be reached about suitability in that respect.

I forgot to add, the indication that it's the batteries that cause the problems at low temps may be bollo erm wrong

Green lasers tend not to work well in cold temps. This is caused by the crystals in the module becoming miss aligned due to the expansion and shrinking of the materials used. This is quite common in most, if not all green lasers.

I had a look at both of these at the Pheonix the other day.

It is a laser. It is deployed as a torch

it has a focus mechanism which makes the beam pencil or flood. As flood takes effect, then the output seems to diminish.

this was seen on a bright sunny day.

Both models on tight beam (with seems to be far to tight to be of use in the field) showed up on a tree across the way with bright sunlight outside. The trunk was not in direct sunlight.

Bear in mind green lasers and subsequent blues etc were designed for military daytime use so this isnt really a surprise.

A night test is the only way to really see what all the fuss is about but to frank, I would rather put the 200/300 towards the cost os a devent bit of NV gear.

Lasers run true and far as a tight spot, I am not convinced af the effectiveness at night on flood.

I dont plan to buy one anytime soon though.

A night time test is what is required for sure
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill