Thread: BSA Meteor with diopter sights?

Big Mat is offline Formerly Fire Bunnys, and doesn't ask for much!

BSA Meteor with diopter sights?

Hi all.

Has anyone got diopter sights on a BSA Meteor, if so, could you post a picture please and say which ones you have? I'm considering getting a set on one of my meteors and was just wondering what is about.

thanks all
    Mat

i believe they may have been called military meteors,they have aperture sights...gedfinn is your man on them.

Your BSA Meteor with diopter sights made for the Cadet Forces and even some scouts called I beleive by BSA[ THE METEOR CADET] iI have a mark 5 Meteor Cadet serial no NH58926 ALL OF THEM ARE .177

All of the proper Cadet Rifles are not drilled on the Barrel for sights

Will try and sort you out a photograph

Regards

Inproved

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Some 'civilian' Meteors had open rearsights which could be moved to the rear endcap and converted to a basic aperture sight. I think these were the Mk IV models, and these would have bolt-holes in the barrel for sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Some 'civilian' Meteors had open rearsights which could be moved to the rear endcap and converted to a basic aperture sight. I think these were the Mk IV models, and these would have bolt-holes in the barrel for sights.
    My Mk.V did, too (TH prefix).