Thread: Scope advice please

Scope advice please

Evening,

Looking to upgrade to a better scope for FT, currently I have a ZOS sidewheel scope, it has done its job well for the price, but it gets a bit milky at high mag, so its time for something better.

Currently my shortlist is:

MTC Viper 8 - 32*60
    Nikko Target master 10-50*60

Anyone have either of these scopes that could offer an opinion, or is there something else in the £300 bracket that you would recommend? Must have the option for a large sidewheel and a sunshade.

Ta
    Last edited by weaselpie; 08-04-2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: incorrect detail
    Theoben Rapid 7,Daystate Mk3 ST, Daystate CR-94, CP99 Pistol.

see if you can get one of the earlier big nikko's - they are about for around the £325 mark now - would be a better option

tasco custom shops and deben DMP's are very good as are the big bsa and early big nikko(copy of the big bsa 60).

i tried an MTC Viper 8-32x60 for about 5 or 6 weeks and found that it didnt clearly give an accurate reading between 50 and 55 yard targets,i bought a tasco custom shop 10-50x56 and that gave accurate 50 and 55 yard ranges.
    I currently use a falcon T35 and that is a superb scope,the rangefinding is absolutely dead on,the lack of windage mildots is taking a little getting used to but i'm getting there.

tasco custom shops really need to be backlash free to get best from them.

Thanks for the advice, anre the more modern Nikko Target master 60s not as good as the older ones?
    Theoben Rapid 7,Daystate Mk3 ST, Daystate CR-94, CP99 Pistol.