Thread: Period BIMOCO .25 Cal Pellet Info Please

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Period BIMOCO .25 Cal Pellet Info Please

Hi all. I have had two full tins of BIMCO .25 pellets come my way that I need to find a little out about please, as I plan to move them on. The reason I will be moving them on, is that currently, my pellet collection comprises of .177 and .22 examples, and if I keep these two tins of .25s, knowing my weak, compulsive, collecting failings as I do (), I know that the number of .25 offerings among my collection will grow and grow, and I’ve got enough avenues sapping my spare cash as it is, without witlessly adding to them .

These BIMOCO tins themselves are 3.5” round, with a polished metal finish (some pitting due to their age). Lids are screw-top, and the labels are a 2”x1.5” green affair, with the simple wording on them as follows:

500 Stuck
    Luftgewehrkugem
    BIMOCO
    Neue Spitz 6 1/3 mm
    Made in W. Germany

The pellets themselves have oxidised as the tins have been open since (I would best guess) the 1950s, but as stated, both tins are full. Any/all pointers and valuation info etc will be gratefully received. Many thanks in anticipation of your help . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hello Gareth,

I have a tin of Bimoco pellets, 0.25 Wadcutters.
    It’s a large green labelled tin, with a loose fit lid and about 4 – 5” across.
    I have had them for years ~ they came with a 0.25 Service.
    I’m away with work at the moment, so I am unable to send a photo.

I’ll be watching carefully if/when you decide to sell them ????

Regards,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Hello Gareth,

I have a tin of Bimoco pellets, 0.25 Wadcutters.
    It’s a large green labelled tin, with a loose fit lid and about 4 – 5” across.
    I have had them for years ~ they came with a 0.25 Service.
    I’m away with work at the moment, so I am unable to send a photo.

I’ll be watching carefully if/when you decide to sell them ????

Regards,

Nick
    Thanks Nick. As soon as I get a fair idea of a fair price (plus post) for them etc, I will be placing a FOR SALE advert for them here in collectables . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Sorry Gareth - much as I love .25 as a calibre, I can't help you here...
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    Sorry Gareth - much as I love .25 as a calibre, I can't help you here...
    No worries matey. Had a couple of p-ms suggesting that they are more likely late 1960s/early 1970s, than 1950s however, and have had a suggested price accordingly, but will wait to see what else comes in before acting etc, as imo, the price quoted seems a bit top heavy to me, but if it does transpire to be in the correct area, oh happy days . Keep the info coming please chaps, but I would prefer posts here rather than p-ms if that is okay ??? Atb: G.

Sorry Gareth, I don't know the value of these pellets. Keen tin collector Eddie (Edbear2) seems to be the man with his finger on the pellet sales pulse.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

edbear2 Guest
    Hi Gareth, I presume they are as this (minus the "dragon")

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...7607964699940/

I paid about £6 on that auction site I seem to remember, for this tin and contents, but I have a small Bimoco "section" in my collection, so didn't mind the plain lid and fact they were German (British tins fetch much higher prices)

The guy was selling 2 or 3 tins, and I think only 2 actually sold, probably to a .25 owner as shooters...they are quality pellets, and would be perfect for a .25 Gem, Buglespanner, etc.

As a collectors item they are a bit of an oddity, and therefore a bit hard to value as they don't appear much, but there is a lot of lead in those tins, so as shooters I would say they must be worth £6-8 a tin, or maybe take a punt online, as prices seem very strong at the moment, and you may do very well!

Sorry I can't be more precise on these, as I said they are a bit of a strange one

Hi Ed, and thanks very much for that. Yes, that is them as in your photo link (minus the dragon ), but both my tins are in much better condition than that. Was told earlier this evening that a starting price on e-wotsit should be iro of a tenner each, which I thought a tad optimistic, but based on what you say, and given the better condition of my tins etc, think I'll have a punt at that price then (plus post) and see where we go . Many thanks indeed. A sales thread will be up just as soon as I get a chance (photos now taken and attached below for ref). Atb: G.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 08-04-2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: to ad photos.

Thank you John. They have now sold -- and in double quick time, too -- via the sales thread I posted for them last night . Atb: G.