Thread: Webley XL

Question Webley XL

Hi all

A friend of mine has a webley XL in .177 calibre , could anyone give me a rough idea to it's value please .

many thanks

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    If you mean Excel 80- 120 , worth less than 22, as although thinner on ground barrels not as good, but perfectly useable, just not as good as the 22s which were amoung the best UK made airgun barrels.

With some work like a trigger upgrade (chambers) and a tune up, little crackers.

Watch out for breach jaw wear, and and any vertical movement, and elongating of rear pin in action(if latter give it a miss)

And use my forum name if you want to reply for any reason, that's why we have them ...
    Hi

Thanks , I did question the fact I thought it was an excel but he was adamant . In fairness to him he is relativley new to this game so I will pass on your comments .

Also .... do you know what power they run at when fettled ?

many thanks indeed

Kingplinker , but you can call me Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[