Thread: Air Match CU400 Manual / Info?

Air Match CU400 Manual / Info?

Hi,

I've just bought a very nice Air Match CU400 SSP pistol from here. I am wondering if anyone has any information on it please?

Be nice to get hold of a scan of the instructions of an exploded view or parts diagram.

I think the Air Match 600 is similar, but it had added features like a dry fire mechanism.

It has a very interesting loading system where the whole barrel slides forwards with the cocking lever.

The build quality really is superb, it looks like the whole pistol is held together with pins rather than screw fixings. Looks like it has never been taken apart from new either, not that it needs to be as it works perfectly.

No idea how old it is but it is a low serial number of 00341

Any help or information is very much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Mark

Introduced in the very late 1970s or early '80s (it's in the first, 1981, edition of John Walter's The Airgun Book, the first of a trio of italian SSP match pistols introduced about the same time, the others being the overlever FAS604 and underlever Fiocchi P10.

Initially it was sold, or at least distributed in Italy, by Italguns and is fully listed here as the Italguns IGI Air Match CU400, alongside such other airguns as the cheapo Gun Toys break barrel pistols (better known in this country as the Panther).

It's described as "modelled on the well known IGI Domino cartridge pistol", which would have been the FAS 601/602/603, .22" rf and .32" cf target pistols, but I'm not sure if that means it was intended as a target air pistol in its own right, or partly as a training gun (the FAS 604 is described in a later edition as "originally conceived as a trainer, which has achieved success in its own right at national and international level").

The 400 is described as having a dry fire facility ("left side of the receiver immediately above the grip"), the 600 as having a revised trigger and adjustable (instead of fixed) grips (and also being available in a left-hand version, with right-hand sidelever), and the 650 as being a 600 in a foam lined case with muzzle weight and tools.

Iain

Iain,

Many thanks,a lot of very useful information there.

I have just been outside and done a chrono test with it. It is shooting around 416 - 420 fps with RWS R10 Match pistol pellets.

But I now have a bit of a problem with it. After 50 or so shots over the chrono the pistol fired but did not release all of the stored air charge. Resulting in a miss fire with the pellet part way in the barrel. I was out in the warm sun and wondered if it had got warm and the tolerances altered?

Back inside and it is O.K. now but it looks like a rapid succession of shots causes the same problem. I'm wondering if it now needs a good strip down and clean of the internals.

Any further advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Mark

I have a 600 with box ,bits and a manual with a parts diagram.
    I can post you a copy of the parts diagram if you PM me.
    The important point seems to be not to lubricate the cylinder.
    Very nice pistol to shoot. My pumping was a bit Italian but sorted with use.
    Doubt whether bits are available so light use for me!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Cones View Post
    But I now have a bit of a problem with it. After 50 or so shots over the chrono the pistol fired but did not release all of the stored air charge.
    I seem to remember one for sale on here before (not the one that you bought) that was advertised for sale with a similar issue...
    So might be a common problem perhaps - might be worth a post in the target section?

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I seem to remember one for sale on here before (not the one that you bought) that was advertised for sale with a similar issue...
    So might be a common problem perhaps - might be worth a post in the target section?
    Good idea, thanks, I will link to this thread.

Mark

Airmatch 400

PM YOUR ADDRESS and will send you a scanned copy. Jenny Dipple