Thread: Kibworth Marksman series Rnd2 Results

Kibworth Marksman series Rnd2 Results

The nicest day of the year so far saw quiet a few shooters from Shepreth venturing up the A14 to try out their skill at the Kibby marksman series.
    From everyone at Kibby it was great to see you and we hope you enjoyed it enough to return next time
    Maybe we should have a word with Mark to see if we coukld get an inter club shoot going
    The original post for the Marksman series obviously played mindgames with everyone, as quiet a few people where over ranging some of the targets
    Results below

Open
    Jamie Chapman 54
    Greg Hensman 54
    Chris Bouton 51
    Danny Webb 51
    Paul Cunningham 50
    Matt Rawlings 49
    Bob Skidmore 49
    Paul Brittain 49
    Martin Slane 49
    Alan Sultano 48
    Mick Goss Snr 46
    Phil Russell 46
    Martin Troost 44
    Marie Webb 43
    Al Collip 40
    Graham Gilbert 39
    P Conroy 38
    JJ 36

Dave Chapman 41

Recoiling
    Tom Bates 52
    Daniel Turner 50
    Kathy Thompson 50
    Mark Thompson 46
    Andy Conroy 42
    Will Gabbott 36
    Mike Smith 32
    Sandra Smith 28

Junior
    Becky Rawlings 47
    Luke Kendrick 37

Freestyle
    Anne Russell 44
    Telford Redden 40
    Last edited by stillwater; 11-04-2010 at 06:09 PM.
    Daystate MK4 ST Burris FullfieldII
    Even a broken watch tells the right time twice a day
    http://kibworthairgunclub.freeforums.org/index.php

Good fun today greg we enjoyed it well if you call driving 80 odd miles to nearly get beat by your 11yr old daughter enjoyable , Great weather and all them long reducers . Will try an get back soon.
    cheers
    matt
    HW100 .177 Panorama Theoben Panorama
    HW100 .22 Panorama HW97 Nikon

Very enjoyable day thanks to Greg for the company. Great course just managed to beat my last marksman score. Phewww

Smile What no rain?!?!?

A very enjoyable day so thanks to all those involved in setting it up.

Had to double check we were in the right place when we arrived.
    I mean.... it was sunny.
    At Kibworth.
    Not a hint of a grey cloud to be seen. Most unsettling.... and we'd packed extra wet weather gear too just-in-case!

A superb course in every respect as the targets and are-they-aren't-they ranges messed with our minds big time!
    Lots of Father Dougal moments as we tried to work out if the target was really small or just really far away. And then the quiet realisation that it was probably both.
    Thanks to Dan for the company and his kind donation of squished .22 pellets; they seem to work quite well with my general tactic of lob-it-and-hope

If this weather keeps up I can see the rellums being having a day out

A good day, lovely weather chalenging course and great company. Anne did you get that target with the Lincoln or are you still there?
    mankind is merely a gnats fart in the great wind of creation, but it sure does stink up the place.

I managed to get target 30 down after about 50 more shots at it and then decided to have a go at the rat on the river raft....

Hitting the plate wasn't as difficult as it looked, but finding the blooming kill zone.... after the first half dozen shots at it we'd managed to accrue a small crowd with an increasing number of willing volunteers eager to have a go. Gregg Jnr tried, as did Jamie. I snuck a look through Martins scope when he asked me to hold his Falcon while he had a go; by now the plate looked like it had been sandblasted! Then Chris had a go. Two shots. TWO BLOOMING SHOTS! One sighter and then a knock down.
    !!!
    So... it can be done
    Just no idea where he was aiming....

Bowyer is offline They don't like it up 'em, Mr Mainwaring
    Niether have I! Right the full width of the target, up a bit, fire!

I think it was the special left handed homing pellet I tried....

I was in the open class by the way - not recoiling.

Chris.
    Don't tell 'em y'name, Pike!

Quote Originally Posted by batfink View Post
    I managed to get target 30 down after about 50 more shots at it and then decided to have a go at the rat on the river raft....

Hitting the plate wasn't as difficult as it looked, but finding the blooming kill zone.... after the first half dozen shots at it we'd managed to accrue a small crowd with an increasing number of willing volunteers eager to have a go. Gregg Jnr tried, as did Jamie. I snuck a look through Martins scope when he asked me to hold his Falcon while he had a go; by now the plate looked like it had been sandblasted! Then Chris had a go. Two shots. TWO BLOOMING SHOTS! One sighter and then a knock down.
    !!!
    So... it can be done
    Just no idea where he was aiming....
    Trying very hard to keep up with you. And its not working. Did you get the 45ish yard stander hole 4 0r 5 I think?

Smile

lol, don't worry, you'll get there... you just need really big feet and a corset
    (a general fear of mud also works wonders...)
    If that was the one on the top of the bank with what looked like a muddy lintel behind it then no, I plated it having under-estimated the wind big time! It seemed to change direction as I sighted at it; these new banks are going to make life very interesting as the wind channels around them!!

I also managed to donut the Kibworth Fisherman on the lake as the little voice in my head started shouting at me to pull the trigger....
    Its funny, some shoots everything just falls into place and others you're reminded with a thump that the rifle doesn't actually have an autopilot mode....

This sounds like one of my courses so it looks like some of my influences have rubbed of, but still too easy
    [B] Yipee ki yay

Remember member member what a womble omble omble.....

Quote Originally Posted by never too old View Post
    This sounds like one of my courses so it looks like some of my influences have rubbed of, but still too easy
    Just with no wheels, empty scope tubes or targets with holes in the kill zones..... yet

Are we sure you've actually gone??? I've a sneaky feeling all those mounds of earth may be hiding a complex series of tunnels. And we know how keen Wombles were of warrens.

Come to think of it... anyone else see the furry hat dissapearing behind peg 2?

Just with no wheels, empty scope tubes or targets with holes in the kill zones..... yet

Are we sure you've actually gone??? I've a sneaky feeling all those mounds of earth may be hiding a complex series of tunnels. And we know how keen Wombles were of warrens.

Come to think of it... anyone else see the furry hat dissapearing behind peg 2?
    You can tell ive gone because everyone is getting high scores, even you, Doh, should not have said that, noticed your dad is getting high scores too so come on the courses have got to be easy, HFT should be IWHS (I want high scores)
    [B] Yipee ki yay

Just with no wheels,
    there was a wheel, which seemed to have an invisible force field stopping just my pellets. I'm sure at one point I heard some strange maniacal laughter coming from deep within one of the giant mole hills, just as I missed a seemingly easy shot.
    mankind is merely a gnats fart in the great wind of creation, but it sure does stink up the place.