Thread: Tasco 6-24*40 TR scope

Tasco 6-24*40 TR scope

Hi all i have the above scope has anyone any idea of the value of it. owned it for about 16 years it was second hand when i got it.its in good condition a few very small scratches.

atb

Greg

scope

These are excellent Japanese scopes from the 80's. If you have the box, instructions and the additional clever elevation caps then it must be worth £100+. I would say £150 if in excellent condition
    I have owned one from new and despite buying and selling many similar spec scopes over the years, the TR is a scope I would not part with.
    If you compare the optics of this 25mm body Tasco with modern 30mm body scopes costing around £350 then it is just as good.
    John
    hold me back !!

I was recently tempted to buy a TR just because the seller was struggling to get 70 or 80 quid for it.

IIRC the new price for the TR 6-24 was around £150 towards the end of its production run (early 1990s?).

These scopes were a popular choice for FT on a budget, and the point of the 6-24 was that (with practice) you could range-find with it.

Well used examples will have very sloppy p/x ring and mag ring IIRC.

HTH
    Phil

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I have bought a few over the years and they are worth 80 pounds in good nick. They are quite long and this can be a problem on HW77s and some break-barrels.

Very nice scope for that sort of money though!

Just bought one 2nd hand and put on my Theoben Grand Prix in .22, cost £60.00, bargin or what.

Much closer to the £60-£75 mark. Mint then top whack. Yes they are good scopes but a good few were sold and their longevity from hard use is not that good. Simpler designs last longer. Had about five past me and about the same again damaged. But on the right rifle they are the biz. (I prefer the lower mag one too).