Thread: finally got one

finally got one

After lusting after one since I was 18 & I'm well past twice that now, i finally got a fwb 124 sport. It had a maccari kit just fitted too, shot very twangy & trigger felt terrible ,but a quick re-lube & lube sleeve job (ooer missus) & it shoots lovley now with the trigger re-adjusted it's ok too now. I can't wait to play again with it in the morning,as it was it could still hit tinnies out to 50m easily! Does anyone have one with the maccari trigger on it & is it an improvement worth having? This was my birthday pressie to myself ;-) Update, got the trigger feeling much better, anyone got a re-build guide to the trigger unit? I found an excellent american stripdown but trigger unit not stripped in it, the safety dosn't work properly & I straigtened the bent safety spring but also noticed a small spring in the top of trigger that dosn't seem to bear on anything?
    Last edited by junglie; 12-04-2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: update

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Congatulations ... All good things come to those who wait, now enjoy.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Personally I think that if the rest of the rifle is in excellent condition then the Maccari trigger is probably worth the price, because it replaces an original part that was not as resistant to breakage or as hard-wearing as it could have been.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.