Thread: Pistol Sites for Ranchero

Smile Pistol Sites for Ranchero

Hi Many thanks to all your helpful response, some not so helpful
    I enjoy both HFT and also pistol target shooting.

Using a Ranchero with a Simons 4 X 32 at 30 yards I am getting within 1" centre of target, this is sitting pistol rested. Also shooting 5mil green milk bottle tops off the wall at 25 yards, great fun sending them flying!

Quite a buzz shooting this pistol ! (bought from Dave here last week)
    I thought I would ask if there is a way of getting a bigger picture view than 32 ? Any further thoughts please ???

ATB Rob.

Grand prix/6500, MFR/6500, HW100/6500.

I had one of these which I put a scope on which made me accurate to 25 yards however it was heavy as the pistol is already quite a handful for me. At the distances you shoot at you may want to consider a pistol scope with long eye relief and a mildot system (or other).
    I now have a Nikon (2.5-8x28EER, BDC reticle)on another pistol which is good and not too heavy however is best suited for rested shots. The problem with higher mag scopes is that they are sensitive to the length of your arm (eye relief probs) so you will need to choose your scope carefully if shooting freestyle or double handed. You may need to bend your arm(s) more than you wish for the hold you adopt.
    I don't think Simmons do multi-aimpoint reticles on pistol scopes so you may need to do what I did or look at Leupold but you're talking bucks unless ordered from the States.

Ranchero Scope

Thanks Kippers

I will take on board your advice, the pistol grip is too large for me but the weight I can cope with. I have seen the carbine stock at Arizona site and have asked the question to Andrea at Ginb as to if he can do the same as they do a stock for the Cyclone, if not I will have a smaller pistol grip made.

I have taken 15 shots at 25 yards the results are remarkable especially as I was not putting in 100% concentration, if I can get some advice on how to get pictures on here from jpeg I will post it.

Kind regards Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-MFR View Post
    Thanks Kippers

I will take on board your advice, the pistol grip is too large for me but the weight I can cope with. I have seen the carbine stock at Arizona site and have asked the question to Andrea at Ginb as to if he can do the same as they do a stock for the Cyclone, if not I will have a smaller pistol grip made.

I have taken 15 shots at 25 yards the results are remarkable especially as I was not putting in 100% concentration, if I can get some advice on how to get pictures on here from jpeg I will post it.

Kind regards Rob.
    To get the most out of a pistol I feel you should shoot at lower ranges as this is what they were designed for. It's great to see accuracy at these ranges but you're better off with a firearm if that's what you want but what ever floats your boat.
    Regarding the ranchero, I had mine turned into a carbine with longer barrel and a stock but obviously you need to up the power. The Airguns of Arizona stock for the Ranchero is ok but remember these pistols push out 18ftlb etc in the states.
    Mine is now at 12ftlb and is having a regulator put in by Ben Taylor as we speak with longer airtube.
    Picture inbound on your email.

Regards.

Ps. Think hard what you want from the pistol, I turned mine to a carbine rifle and am happy but you choose what you want to do.
    The place I bought my pistol scope from the state is called 4scopes.com and they're brilliant. 3 day delivery time on scopes when in stock from the US. You will be hit by customs though.