Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A new pistol for me => Feinwerkbau C55

A new pistol for me => Feinwerkbau C55

This took me a while to find as they are quite rare. I asked around and checked many websites like www.egun.de. Through searching I found an AirgunBBS member who owned one. I cheekily emailed him to see if he wanted to sell it and to my surprise he did!. It also wasn't too far from where I worked so I could also see it, try it out and pick it up face to face so we were both happy.

As they are fairly rare and there aren't many pictures or reviews about I added this to the Google noise.

My Air pistol Collection

You'll need to scroll down towards the bottom.

Thanks
    I plink therefore I am
    Weihrauch HW100S Air Arms S400 GinB Feinwerkbau C60 Weihrauch HW77K Steyr LP10 Feinwerkbau C55 Brocock Aim-X Gamo Compact Weihrauch HW40 Click here to see my collection

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Just read your air gun collection link. Great photos, really informative.

Lovely pistols......drool
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

yes thanks for your reveiws a good read., and that C55 is one cool looking pistol.
    you did leave out of your list of affordble rapid fires the Aeron B96.

Ive defintly got a 5 shot on my wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by malakiblunt View Post
    you did leave out of your list of affordble rapid fires the Aeron B96.
    Ahh yes, thanks for reminding me I did consider this and its Aeron B98 PCP brother. I feel suitably admonished now about my glaring omission. I have corrected the web page now.

I rejected the Aeron B96 because it was CO2 and I couldn't find a B98 - do they exist?

But I then ended up with a CO2 pistol
    I plink therefore I am
    Weihrauch HW100S Air Arms S400 GinB Feinwerkbau C60 Weihrauch HW77K Steyr LP10 Feinwerkbau C55 Brocock Aim-X Gamo Compact Weihrauch HW40 Click here to see my collection

That has to be one of the greatest looking air pistols ever made.

How does it shoot?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Synthasy2000 View Post
    web page now.

I rejected the Aeron B96 because it was CO2 and I couldn't find a B98 - do they exist?

But I then ended up with a CO2 pistol
    ive not heard of the B98, B96 arnt all that common , but they do have the advantage of running of sparklets i think the drulov is the most common.

but your C55 is defintly the better pistol .

i had a look at the walther C5 but aperently the electronic triggers have a habbit of dieing and thers no cure.

i shot an LP5 at my club last week beutiful pistols but i can understand why you wouldnt want it for your colletion.

cheers.

I must confess that it was mostly the looks that sold it to me and made it an object of desire. Secondly, finding out that this model was used for a Star Wars blaster also added some cachet. Being a Feinwerkbau meant that it has good pedigree.

There has been some nay-sayers about it's reliability but I extensively queried the owner who reasurred me it was carefully maintained - i.e minimal intervention and only when required. No seals needed changing in 7 or so years and the only lubrication used is graphite, as from a lead pencil, for the cocking linkages.

When the gas gets low you do get double fires and misfires but if you fill the cylinders and count about 100 shots, you'll not get to this stage. I've never been able to completely fill a tank, only to about 2/3 full. This is fine for me though.

It's very dead feeling to fire with no perceivable muzzle flip and a fair old bang. There is more weight in the hand compare to my LP10 but it's centrally placed so the palm shelf doesn't dig hard into your hand.

The beauty is that you don't need to adjust your stance or aim whilst loosing off all 5 shots. It's very tempting to fire as fast as you pull the trigger

I'm still getting used to this pistol as well as my LP10. Ideally you'd have one pistol and get to know it very, Very VERY well. Unfortunately it appears that I can't stay monogamous or is that mono-gun-ous
    (I'll get me coat)
    I plink therefore I am

ive not heard of the B98, B96 arnt all that common
    Explains why I haven't seen one for sale!

http://www.checkmateguns.co.uk/check...teaeroncz.html

I might have got one if I could. But I fell for the C55 looks - what a tart I am
    Last edited by Synthasy2000; 12-04-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: can't spell
    I plink therefore I am

I agree with mark, that has to be the best looking pistol ive seen!

John.

but your C55 is defintly the better pistol
    Depends on how you measure better. In my hands it's probably not!

If you knew exactly where a Gat gun was going to put the pellet before you fired it, that would be better!
    I plink therefore I am

Nice buy, yr C55! Like yr Steyr as well..
    Yeah, the FWB will be more reliable, better finished, better service but its still personal.
    I still get best results with my Tau 7. Especially the Silhouet, it shoots ragged holes at 10m even when I'm not concentrated..It makes me lóók like a good shot! Not so with the morini or steyr or aeron..Its what suits YOU..
    I also have a CO2 Steyr LP5 multishot, nothing wrong with co2.
    ATB,
    yana

Shucks - I'm really feeling the love in the room.

Thanks guys

<group hug>
    I plink therefore I am

I love that C55 too! My first thought was "great looking pistol, it looks like a Star Wars blaster!" Then I read further to find out... it was! Even cooler.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Yumyumyumyum!!

Loverly FWB!!

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Lovely looking pistol, and a new one on me! Congrats on tracking one down, Does anyone have a L/H one for sale??