Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A new pistol for me => Feinwerkbau C55

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Beautiful pistol, as is the whole collection, and your website.

Probably just as well it doesn't hold 6 rounds: otherwise you could decimate the rest of us in Police Pistol!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

With the appropriate magazine machined it could be a 6 shot, 10 shot or a 100 shot although the later would be a little unwieldy

Thanks for all your positive feedback it really makes me feel good about this forum and its members.

Chris
    I plink therefore I am
    Weihrauch HW100S Air Arms S400 GinB Feinwerkbau C60 Weihrauch HW77K Steyr LP10 Feinwerkbau C55 Brocock Aim-X Gamo Compact Weihrauch HW40 Click here to see my collection

Hi
    I see in the article about filling the CO2 cylinders for the pistol you say you invert the fire extinguisher, in my days of hospital fire training I was always told that CO2 fire extinguishers were siphon type and should be used upright, perhaps this is why you are not getting complete fills.
    Peter.

The man I bought the pistol from also supplied me with his filling rig and told me that this was the way he was doing it

I thought a CO2 tank would be marked that it has a riser tube and mine doesn't say it has. However, being a fire extinguisher perhaps it's always assumed that it has one

You may well be correct though so I'll try the non-inverted approach. Thanks for the advice.
    I plink therefore I am
    Weihrauch HW100S Air Arms S400 GinB Feinwerkbau C60 Weihrauch HW77K Steyr LP10 Feinwerkbau C55 Brocock Aim-X Gamo Compact Weihrauch HW40 Click here to see my collection

Have you got a vent screw for the pistol cylinder?

If so vent some CO2 and get it really cold (Wear some gloves ) then you should be able to get the full fill. It took me a few tries with mine to get the hang of it.

HTH

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Cones View Post
    Have you got a vent screw for the pistol cylinder?
    Yes, the bleed cap, I've tried with this also but I didn't have much liquid CO2 left so it didn't cool it that much. It was interesting though to see the cooling effect. Wear gloves? I think you're right there! Brrrrrrr......

That for your suggestions, I'm still on the learning curve with this
    I plink therefore I am

If the cilinder is removable, just throw it in the freezer for 15min or so. Thán you'll get a full fill.
    If its nót remobvable, you múst cool it with dryfire shots. Also, at the same time, warm up the filling tank. Not with fire or anything offcourse
    But CO2 ONLY fill well with large(r) temperature differences! It doesnt fill on pressure..
    ATB,
    yana

you must be right that your extingisher has no siphon as you'd be getting no shots at all if you were only filling with gaseous co2.

your taking the right approach with cooling the gun tank first ,warming the bulk tank helps to.

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    warm up the filling tank. Not with fire or anything offcourse
    lol i wont tell you how i fill my small propane tanks

Quote Originally Posted by malakiblunt View Post
    you must be right that your extingisher has no siphon as you'd be getting no shots at all if you were only filling with gaseous co2.
    Liquid CO2 is getting into the pistol tank as I weight the tank before and after. The empty weight is 194g and the full weight is 251g. After my attempts at filling it gets to 232g but sometimes 220g.

It might be that I fill inverted, then turn the tank to "normal" and store it. Then to fill I invert again. Perhaps doing this turning sequence there's gaseous CO2 that first gets injected into the pistol tanks which reduces the fill ability? If my bulk fill tank was inverted all the time then I'd always have liquid CO2 available?

Just before filling the pistol tank with my bulk fill cylinder inverted, should I open the fire extinguisher valve to vent gaseous CO2 and get to liquid CO2 and then attach the tank?
    I plink therefore I am

wow good looker.

I wonder what is the price range of a used c55,I fancy one

rare gem FWB C5

Just picked up my second one . Original metal case and lots of extras.....may sell it if ...I have the foam box also from FWB

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/2416/dsc06724e.jpg

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/3810/dsc06726u.jpg
    Last edited by Reelemup; 30-09-2011 at 12:38 AM.
    You only live once...shoot a lot while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthasy2000 View Post
    Yes, the bleed cap, I've tried with this also but I didn't have much liquid CO2 left so it didn't cool it that much. It was interesting though to see the cooling effect. Wear gloves? I think you're right there! Brrrrrrr......

That for your suggestions, I'm still on the learning curve with this
    Fill the tank with little co2 ..bleed to cool the tank then fill
    You only live once...shoot a lot while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelemup View Post
    Fill the tank with little co2 ..bleed to cool the tank then fill

Thanks for the tip

I still get about a 100 shots the way I've been doing it but it will be great to maximise the fill.
    I plink therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by Synthasy2000 View Post
    This took me a while to find as they are quite rare. I asked around and checked many websites like www.egun.de. Through searching I found an AirgunBBS member who owned one. I cheekily emailed him to see if he wanted to sell it and to my surprise he did!. It also wasn't too far from where I worked so I could also see it, try it out and pick it up face to face so we were both happy.

As they are fairly rare and there aren't many pictures or reviews about I added this to the Google noise.

My Air pistol Collection

You'll need to scroll down towards the bottom.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelemup View Post
    Just picked up my second one . Original metal case and lots of extras.....may sell it if ...

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/2416/dsc06724e.jpg

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/3810/dsc06726u.jpg
    Hi Chris the C55 is very impressive indeed , I could never get my head around the complexities of bulk fill , I just about cope with changing the 12g bulbs for my Tua7 and Aeron 4 , having said that I get so little chance to shoot them these days what with doing up the house , clearing the garden etc, Ah well!
    all the best Malc